Lt. Commander
If after todays fiasco and obvious revelation of what we're going to expect when this game goes live can you lifetime subscribers get your money back if you want?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
not likely
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Cryptic offered refunds on lifetime subs up until 30 days after launch for Champions Online. Having set that precedent themselves, they would have a very hard time doing less with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Why would i want a refund?? What you don't understand this is NORMAL for mmo's on start.

and i don't see what your complaining about, fiasco, revelation???

I think your seeing problems where there are none.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
No its not. Sheesh, where have you been? This is early access. This isn't servers under full load..wow, what some people will accept as normal is amazing
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
The fact that we bought lifetime subscriptions means we're looking ahead and past the launch week, which has always been insane for MMOs and will always be insane for MMOs. In fact, we look past the first 16 months! We invested in the long-run because we expect the long-run to be worth it. Why would we judge the long-run based on the problems of a few days at the very start?

Seriously, stop worrying about the lifetime subscribers. We don't want your concern.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
No its not. Sheesh, where have you been? This is early access. This isn't servers under full load..wow, what some people will accept as normal is amazing
So go back and play your night elf in wow if it makes you so upset.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
Cryptic offered refunds on lifetime subs up until 30 days after launch for Champions Online. Having set that precedent themselves, they would have a very hard time doing less with STO.
That was during the free month for CO. From what I remember in beta, the life time sub starts as soon as you input your retail code, there's no free month. So after the sub starts it may be difficult to do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiff
That was during the free month for CO. From what I remember in beta, the life time sub starts as soon as you input your retail code, there's no free month. So after the sub starts it may be difficult to do.
The technical aspects don't matter. CO lifetimers could get refunds for 30 days after official launch. STO subscribers will expect equal treatment and, based on a long time of working in customer support, I can almost guarantee you they will get it. CS may push back a little bit, but if you lean on them, you will get your money back.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
If after todays fiasco and obvious revelation of what we're going to expect when this game goes live can you lifetime subscribers get your money back if you want?
What happened today?

Another server crash? More Lag? Broken Missions?

Or did the database get corrupted and all of our toons got lost?