Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
In Europe you could try quoting the regulations regarding "cool off periods" for purchases. That usually extends to a week, give or take the service involved. SInce the game is not "live" live, you could probably get your money back up to Live. Not the European release date (Feb 5) but the actual universe Live date.

In the States, you've got til midnight the 3rd day of purchase. Then you're boned.

All things considered, we're not even in Live yet. When I last played WoW I was STILL seeing queues primetime on weekends.

I'm a Lifer, by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
We really need to stand up to developers as a united group. They get our money and promise the moon. And never, ever deliver.

You lifers I'd show them what you think of this. Demand a refund if things don't improve drastically, soon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
I figured that if a game has a free first month, that you wouldn't be charged (including life time subs) until after that first month elapsed. I could be mistaken.

My brother is a bigger MMO player than I am, but my understanding was that he was able to play the first month free of games like WoW and cancel before the free month was up, therefore purchasing the game and playing the free month, but never having to pay any subscription for the time played. I know they asked him for his credit card information up front, but I don't think any subscription fee was ever charged to his card since he canceled during the free play period.

According to Atari's site, STO will have a free trial period of 30 days. I'd figure you'd be able to cancel/change subscription plans during that period.
Lt. Commander
# 14
To paraphrase Yoda, my own counsel will I keep on where to put my money, thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreachAndClear View Post
I figured that if a game has a free first month, that you wouldn't be charged (including life time subs) until after that first month elapsed. I could be mistaken.
You forget that Lifers have no "free" month, have already been charged, and therefore would need to make their decision a lot faster.

Your argument does however apply to RETAIL purchasers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qthulhu
You forget that Lifers have no "free" month, have already been charged, and therefore would need to make their decision a lot faster.

Your argument does however apply to RETAIL purchasers.
Was just going to say that...

By the way, due to all the issues and so I know ahead of time. What would I need to do to request a refund for my lifetime sub? I mean correct procedure? Put a CS ticket in or is there some cancel option I'm not seeing?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm not looking to cancel right now. Provided they either get rid of this "shard" that's clearly not robust enough to handle the game or add more hardware to the shard, I'll be quite happy.

However, if things are still in this state on March 2nd, I will very disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't get me wrong... I want the game to work.

/sigh

Just frustrated is all...

Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrock1977 View Post
Was just going to say that...

By the way, due to all the issues and so I know ahead of time. What would I need to do to request a refund for my lifetime sub? I mean correct procedure? Put a CS ticket in or is there some cancel option I'm not seeing?
Contacting them via phone would be your greatest chance of getting it done (this is generally true for most CS issues)
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Cryptic is giving refunds i got mine about 5 days ago--be prepared for long phone wait times.