Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
Why would i want a refund?? What you don't understand this is NORMAL for mmo's on start.

and i don't see what your complaining about, fiasco, revelation???

I think your seeing problems where there are none.
You sir are a wise man.

Or just one experienced in the ways of mmos. I just don't get what all this pre launch drama is about from all these guys.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serondar
You sir are a wise man.

Or just one experienced in the ways of mmos. I just don't get what all this pre launch drama is about from all these guys.
Drama is mostly from impatient people. Such little things freak them out i wonder how they handle real problems in life. I believe they mostly tuck tail between their legs and run like hell.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
We really need to stand up to developers as a united group. They get our money and promise the moon. And never, ever deliver.

You lifers I'd show them what you think of this. Demand a refund if things don't improve drastically, soon.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Mocking those seeking refunds is in no way a logical or reasonable response. You're behaving obnoxiously to what amounts to a SMALL minority who must otherwise be addressed.

Some people are dissatisfied and want a refund. There will always be them.

Some people may have done it accidentally. Some may have had a friend of theirs or a child of theirs do it without their consent.

Some people may have had a sudden financial crisis in which they can no longer afford to invest 240 dollars in a video game

If you're a lifetime subscriber like me and you don't plan on cancelling your subscription, don't just barge in and bray like a jackass at those who DO want to cancel and receive a refund. They at least have the decency and timing to ask this BEFORE the game's official release.

Off-topic: Brent Spiner is on an episode of Law and Order CI right now on USA Network, 2:00PM EST.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Buying a lifetime sub and then deciding to cancel when a pre-official launch early access event doesn't work flawlessly is just about the most asinine thing I have heard here.

They should give you a refund because most companies have a soft spot for the mentally handicapped.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
Why would i want a refund?? What you don't understand this is NORMAL for mmo's on start.

and i don't see what your complaining about, fiasco, revelation???

I think your seeing problems where there are none.
This +1

Still very pleased with my lifetime purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
No its not. Sheesh, where have you been? This is early access. This isn't servers under full load..wow, what some people will accept as normal is amazing
Wow only allows 2700 people on a server (it may have raise, that is 2 year old number), STO has far more.

I have not had that much trouble getting in. While I would liked it to be more stable, the game runs better than most MMORPG at release.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
If after todays fiasco and obvious revelation of what we're going to expect when this game goes live can you lifetime subscribers get your money back if you want?
Nope...non-refundable. It's in the agreement.

Read before signing.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
i dont want a refund on my lifetime sub. I didn't buy it for the headstart, i didnt get it hinging on a perfect launch day start. I really don't care if this game has a rough first week. i bought this sub for the long term, i bought it looking to end goal of systems like the genesis system, which when fully fleshed out it will be awesome.

imagine loading into the system getting told to examine the spacial anomoly on the other side of a nebula and have some strange non-corporal being invade your ship. Or beam down to a trading planet and being able to work through several quest lines not just one and done.

or how about warping past vulcan and have your vulcan officer pop up and have a mission he/she must complete on their homeworld. Then you could go into bridge view and find out that on your last away mission a rare sickness got on your ship and you have to find a cure, guided by your science officer.

those are the things that made me want to get the lifetime sub, some server issues in the beginning are irrelivent to my point of view.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
Cryptic offered refunds on lifetime subs up until 30 days after launch for Champions Online. Having set that precedent themselves, they would have a very hard time doing less with STO.
I never thought about this, but they would almost HAVE to allow for refunds up to 30 days after launch. Because technically your lifetime sub doesn't kick in until after your 30 days of included game time.