Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
I seriously hope they get more server hardware before the game starts... I also hope that they don't plan on simply ignoring the issue and letting it sorts itself out (by people quitting)
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_of_Fate View Post
What is this fracking nonsense?

You have everyone on one game server, the game isn't even released yet to have that high a population yet, and we've got queue's almost a 1000 people long?

What exactly is it I'm paying for at this point?
As many other posts have undoubtedly pointed out, you haven't paid for a single thing yet. Head Start is still free play and is still betaish in feel. At least they have a Que to let you know when you may get on. Other MMO's just lock you out.

I am sure that they are adding equipment to handle the high load. I think Cryptic wasn't ready for the amount of subscribers that STO has or the amount of beta/head start players. They will get it all sorted out soon, they have good hardware people working hard to fix it all.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
I just want to know how my number in que goes up lol... After being in it for 30 min I went up by 100. I dont if this is a bug to or what. I thought the point of the que line was to save the spot you were in when you tried to login.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Its called being SUCKERS!!

Cryptic was told for MONTHS by all the testers and even those of us who didn't get into CB. ITs quite obvious they knew better...........so hence, your 1000 person long queues. The joke is on all you people who paid a 3rd rate company for a 1st rate IP.....

/is laughing his ass off.....
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
As many other posts have undoubtedly pointed out, you haven't paid for a single thing yet.
Actually I did pay money when I preordered, so I think you don't really know what you're talking about, no offense.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_of_Fate View Post
Actually I did pay money when I preordered, so I think you don't really know what you're talking about, no offense.
I think if you look, the retailer hasn't charged your card yet. Seeing as they haven't shipped the product That is standard for Online sales. The CC company cannot charge your card till they ship the merchandise. Therefore you haven't spent a dime yet.

Tasha
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
I think if you look, the retailer hasn't charged your card yet. Seeing as they haven't shipped the product That is standard for Online sales. The CC company cannot charge your card till they ship the merchandise. Therefore you haven't spent a dime yet.

Tasha
Mine was charged, but i did the DDE from D2D. Used my visa debit, and it was removed from my account immediately.

So some folks HAVE paid, but your point is still valid for most out there.

Either way, I am not bothered at all by the situation. Everything will work out in the end, always does.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
As many other posts have undoubtedly pointed out, you haven't paid for a single thing yet. Head Start is still free play and is still betaish in feel. At least they have a Que to let you know when you may get on. Other MMO's just lock you out.

I am sure that they are adding equipment to handle the high load. I think Cryptic wasn't ready for the amount of subscribers that STO has or the amount of beta/head start players. They will get it all sorted out soon, they have good hardware people working hard to fix it all.
Actually I am worried about not getting in now because if i cannot get into HEADSTART, something that the genera public does not have access to, then what will it be like come start?
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
OMG! I PAID FOR MEMBERSHIP TO DISNEY WORLD AND I CAN'T GET IN BECAUSE THE LINE IS BACKED UP A MILE FROM THE ENTRANCE GATE! WTF?! DISNEY SUCKS!
No because Disney knows they are going to have lines. Have you seen the gate for Disney World? It was designed to handle a crap load of people because Disney knows logistics. Cryptic obviously does not.