Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
can we have one just for england as well so we can complain about the weather in unison.

i like the idea of one server but with the capcity for all ffs not a q
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow I am 584 out of 944 lets see WE NEED MORE SERVERS!!!!!!! At least I can watch to Pro Bowl tonight while I wait for my queue to reach 0. This is absolutely uncalled for Cyptic should had already known how many pre order keys are being used and if that was WAY over max for their servers ya think they would had prepared for this weekend a lot more than this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_geldof View Post
can we have one just for england as well so we can complain about the weather in unison.

i like the idea of one server but with the capcity for all ffs not a q
I like the idea of one server as well, at least I would if I lived in the US. But I like the idea of no queues and low latency better.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Two servers would require double the amount of staff BUT each set of staff is independent to their server and time zone..

AS OPPOSED TO

Upgrading the existing system and hiring more bodies to allow twice as many people to work on problems effectively around the clock.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd rather have all the money spent on maintaining and operating one setup than having two teams only working half the time.

Please bear in mind that Open Beta was nowhere near a fair reflection of the final intake of subscribers. Lots of people don't "do" Betas. Headstart is nearly always the biggest crunch bar release day itself.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamakara View Post
lol like said else where, this is nothing. my ques for **** head start were MASSIVE.
True, and what was the outcome? More then half of their players left before the problems were under control. They are good now, but its to late. Hopefully Cryptic does realize this before it ends like ****.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOWhiteOo View Post
NOOOOO i wonna beable to kill yanks!!!!!!
hahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Amen to this.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
/signed

If the number of people waiting has almost hit 1500, and the game population is going to literally double come tuesday, people will start waiting 24 hours to get in, and then never logging off. How hard would it be to have a macro that will move your character back and forth a little, to keep from being logged off?

There is what, 2000 people on the server now? At most. Now, one more server wouldn't entirely fix the problem but it would help, SIGNIFICANTLY. Now, 2 more servers, and you would almost never have a queue again.

My plan, buy two more servers. I know, I know, that'd easily cost $20000+. Make all accounts information be accessible on all servers, then give people an option while logging in, to choose either "Random Server" or "Choose a server." "Choose a server" is obvious, I won't bother explaining, but "Random server" I will explain. "Random server" will assign you to, not a random server at all, but the one with the least players on it. This will keep servers from having insane login queues.

P.S. I prefer having login queues, because the other option is servers crashing, and being offline for 3-4 hours at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
We dont need seperate Servers we just need more added.

one Single World Wide Server is nice we get to talk and play with ANYONE around the world..........
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
609 out of 975... in a headstart ?!? Seriously Cryptic, the release will be a disaster if nothing' done. Let's open a euro server !