Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Surely servers in Euro (and Oceana etc) would allow for maintenance which is appropriate for that time zone instead of EST as it is now.

And Yes, I acknowledge that perhaps the magority of players are in US, but if you sell a product in other regions I think a server calibrated for that server is reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:50 PM
100% agree with OP
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hseeker View Post
Its aparent the problem lies in the EU and US peak times when servers get timend out, making it crash/freez.

I suggest doing it like in **** where you can select two servers depending where your located.

But do not however restrict people to join either server depending where they are located,
Regionalisation is a terrible and pointless. They just need to add more servers to the cluster.

GOA are a pile of ....... So no thank you, with the **** approach.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't want a US/EU server divide the best solution is that they choose down times better.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolfrex View Post
Surely servers in Euro (and Oceana etc) would allow for maintenance which is appropriate for that time zone instead of EST as it is now.

And Yes, I acknowledge that perhaps the magority of players are in US, but if you sell a product in other regions I think a server calibrated for that server is reasonable.
100% agree. And you resolve the lag problem, too.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Had enough probs in OB with lag/packet loss that a Euro (or regional) server with low latency wins everytime.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
The OP doesn't know what he's talking about:

1. Cryptic's server architecture is such as that there's (nearly?) an unlimited number of servers they can hook up and go. Basically, it load-balances the population across all available servers dynamically, so there's no reason to add time-zone specific servers because all that does is make servers available only a specific audience, which is pointless when they could service everyone.

2. Cross-time zone connections between multiple countries don't reinforce themselves all that much. Peak American time is not Peak European time, ect. MMORPGs in the past which have used unified International structures show an even population throughout the day, not a giant spike during certain hours. (It's actually sort of beneficial in that it assures if you're up late or really early you'll have adequate people to group with.)

I suspect the OP is just looking out for himself and trying to get Cryptic to set up special servers just for him. The bad news for him is that for all we know they already have European servers, they're just hidden behind the seamless architecture.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestrus
Had enough probs in OB with lag/packet loss that a Euro (or regional) server with low latency wins everytime.
Exactly. Most of us (all hopefully) aren't saying we don't want to play with Americans etc. It's just a logical solution to a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
This is sad, their Network Director and Administrators really dropped the ball for this launch. Keeping the Euros and US together makes more sense because it keeps the server mostly very active 24hrs a day. Separating them would really hurt this problem than help it overall.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestrus
At least you guys over in Europe actually have a chance of getting a localized server..