Lt. Commander
As it is now, many cant play at their convenience due to long wait times to log into the game or the servers crashing.

This has got to be addressed. So, is this something that is going to expected in a couple of days if we pay for a product and service; that is we cant play at 'our' convenience, but at the convenience of the service provider.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
The queue is an indication that is IS being addressed. They could have found out that one particular server was causing crashing, so they took it down for maintenance and put up a queue. Isn't that better than taking the game down completely?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I pose you a choice, server completely down, or a queue. What would you rather? With a queue they can attempt to fix it at the inconviniance of a few, with it down they can fix it while ****ing off everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylatron
The queue is an indication that is IS being addressed. They could have found out that one particular server was causing crashing, so they took it down for maintenance and put up a queue. Isn't that better than taking the game down completely?
ummm no...open beta for stress testing was over the last 2 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
An interesting question as old as MMORPGs itself, really. Why do I have to deal with a login queue? Why is the grind so long? Why can't I torment that other player over there for my own amusement? Why does the server go down from time to time? Why must I tolerate other players killing my mobs? Why does it take so long to walk anywhere?

Am I not paying for playing at my convenience? It's an old question and, as an old question, it has an equally old answer:

No, if you play an MMORPG, you're paying for playing at everyone else's convenience. Don't take it personally, it's a matter of technical necessity - these games are like virtual societies, and society simply couldn't function any other way.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krux View Post
ummm no...open beta for stress testing was over the last 2 weeks.
K? So...some problems are random. I work in the IT field. Sometimes sht just happens.

I think thats where the biggest misunderstanding comes form - people who work in IT expect this kind of thing, people who don't.....well.....here we are.