Captain
I've battled my friends with sci characters plenty of times, and every time they use SNB I notice that in addition to the usual screwing up of my boff powers and active buffs (this is not a discussion of that, so don't start arguing about it), the cooldown of my weapons increases. This occurs at least on my DHCs, because I notice them the most. I fire off a round, and then the time until they can fire again is longer. It even shows them sometimes with a seconds counter on it. I have used fleet antiproton weapons and Voth AP weapons, and both have this happen to them. As mentioned above, I have noted it occurring in my DHCs, but I am unsure of my turrets and DBB as I have not paid much attention to them.

Is this supposed to happen? When I asked my friends, they said it should only be messing up powers, and had no idea why it affected weapons. On the powers window, it also states that SNB stuns bridge officers. Last I checked mechanical directed energy cannons weren't bridge officers. So is this working as intended?
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Captain
# 2
11-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I've battled my friends with sci characters plenty of times, and every time they use SNB I notice that in addition to the usual screwing up of my boff powers and active buffs (this is not a discussion of that, so don't start arguing about it), the cooldown of my weapons increases. This occurs at least on my DHCs, because I notice them the most. I fire off a round, and then the time until they can fire again is longer. It even shows them sometimes with a seconds counter on it. I have used fleet antiproton weapons and Voth AP weapons, and both have this happen to them. As mentioned above, I have noted it occurring in my DHCs, but I am unsure of my turrets and DBB as I have not paid much attention to them.

Is this supposed to happen? When I asked my friends, they said it should only be messing up powers, and had no idea why it affected weapons. On the powers window, it also states that SNB stuns bridge officers. Last I checked mechanical directed energy cannons weren't bridge officers. So is this working as intended?
With the ability tray as messed up as it is, (diplomatic immunity, snow tubers, the battery issues, frequent unwarranted reshuffles) I'd say it's a bug. It's not supposed to do that. My Sci usually opens with this ability, but I've never heard anyone in chat say anything about cannons.
This all happened... more, or less.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Weapons are handled in game like abilities. SubNuc has always affected weapons are long as I've been playing STO (a little short of 2 years now). The longer weapon CD with SUbNuc is most noticeable with torpedoes and Kumari Wing Cannons. Cannon/Beam CD is short enough that the extra time is barely there.
Captain
# 4
11-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Ever since launch its done this...i remember when the Breen came and how annoying it was to get zapped by their cruisers....

If this is a bug it's been bugged forever
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 5
11-30-2013, 02:35 PM
It um, says right in the info for the ability...that it does this.

Subnucleonic Beam III
System: Deflector Dish. Subnucleonic Beam stuns the target's bridge crew, removing any currently applied buffs and slowing the recharge time of their abilities and weapon systems. Increases in effectiveness based on current auxiliary power level.

Check Out Thissler's Alpha Strikers
Awesome Blog - Awesome Videos - Awesome Site - Over On Facebook Too
Captain
# 6
11-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It um, says right in the info for the ability...that it does this.

Subnucleonic Beam III
System: Deflector Dish. Subnucleonic Beam stuns the target's bridge crew, removing any currently applied buffs and slowing the recharge time of their abilities and weapon systems. Increases in effectiveness based on current auxiliary power level.
Hm, didn't see that.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Captain
# 7
11-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Working as Intended.
Captain
# 8
12-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Just a tidbit for those that might not be aware on the other side of this...2pc MACO which reduces the recharge of abilities by 5%...also speeds up weapons.

Check Out Thissler's Alpha Strikers
Awesome Blog - Awesome Videos - Awesome Site - Over On Facebook Too
Captain
# 9
12-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Subnuc is known for that. It basically reduces your damage output by ~30% in addition to stripping buffs and putting abilities on cooldown/increasing their cooldown. That's how it's always been. Hence why getting nuced is not fun.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!