Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs3000 View Post
AO has been pretty much labeled as the worst launch of any MMO ever. Server never being up, no one could stay logged in for longer than 5 minutes. It was unplayable.

STO is going down constantly, I have barely been able to complete quest before being kicked out and losing all progress. Lag so bad that you can't zone sometimes without being kicked out. Combat lagging and rubber banding like mad, and NOW, a queue system. That I have sat over 30 minutes at the same location, 55, and it will not move at all.

I was been around for both, and STO is quickly catching up to AO, the thing is, in 2 days, more people will buy the game and it will become worse. I think it's very possible, that STO may very well be known for the worst MMO launch ever.
The fact that you even ask this question invalidates your right to hold an opinion. You obviously have no idea what a bad launch really looks like. Now go back to the kids table and finish your dinner, the adults are trying to have a conversation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
AO has been pretty much labeled as the worst launch of any MMO ever. Server never being up, no one could stay logged in for longer than 5 minutes. It was unplayable.

STO is going down constantly, I have barely been able to complete quest before being kicked out and losing all progress. Lag so bad that you can't zone sometimes without being kicked out. Combat lagging and rubber banding like mad, and NOW, a queue system. That I have sat over 30 minutes at the same location, 55, and it will not move at all.

I was been around for both, and STO is quickly catching up to AO, the thing is, in 2 days, more people will buy the game and it will become worse. I think it's very possible, that STO may very well be known for the worst MMO launch ever.
Not even close. If only i was on very high dose of drugs i would agree with you. I was there at AO launch, there is no comparison at all.

In STO the worst is that i have to wait in queue to log in whereas in AO there were no queues because server never got up and running for a more then 20 or 30 mins.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Not even close to AO, if people who were there (like me) are telling you otherwise, they are lying or have VERY selective memory.

That beging said this is a very dissapointing launch considering cryptic set the high bar for launches with CoH and CO's was cleaner than this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Anyone remember being stuck in shops or backyards for over a day when the transitions failed in the AO launch?
Lt. Commander
# 15 Not even close
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
While the STO launch so far has been a bit rocky... The AO launch was insanely bad... Finally logging in only to get locked in a tiny shack for 6 hours while waiting for a CSR to open the door. Now that was some fun.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
I was there for the AO launch, I was one of the people trying to log in.

And STO is catching up
If you are only comparing log in issues, maybe. However, on that issue, WoW has both games beat anyway.

STO has nothing like the other issues that were going on with AO, like product keys in retail boxes that didn't work, double (or more) billing, entire sections of the gameworld that just didn't work even when you did manage to log in.

I think Cryptic screwed the pooch on this too, but you're comparing getting punched in the face here to getting poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, and finally drawn and quartered with AO.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Anyone else remember early in AO when one of the early vendors had a pair of sunglasses on them, and EVERYBODY ran to buy like 50 pairs? And then they took the server down and rolled it back so they all disappeared? When I was making my way there, everybody coming towards me had a pair of sunglasses, hilarious.

Don't even have to say it, because I already know.
Cool story, bro.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
Read through this forum for a glimpse of your answer

http://forums.champions-online.com/f...play.php?f=170

The future does not look very bright.

I guess all of CO fanboys jumped ship and went to STO. Not as many defenders over there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
If you are only comparing log in issues, maybe. However, on that issue, WoW has both games beat anyway.

STO has nothing like the other issues that were going on with AO, like product keys in retail boxes that didn't work, double (or more) billing, entire sections of the gameworld that just didn't work even when you did manage to log in.

I think Cryptic screwed the pooch on this too, but you're comparing getting punched in the face here to getting poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, and finally drawn and quartered with AO.
Expensive items in your pack corrupting do they could never be equipped, not being able to end your combat status so you could heal, npcs with unlimited nano (aka power or mana) for healing and attacks.......

And wait, what about the World War Two Online launch, several months before AO launched, where infantry were spawning in upside down with their heads in the ground and tanks could fly!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Launch is Feb. 2.

This is not launch. It's final testing disguised as a head start.