Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlak
I guess all of CO fanboys jumped ship and went to STO. Not as many defenders over there.
THe most disturbing thread was the one asking lifers if they would purchase it again knowing what they know now. I mean lifers where the most die hard fanboys around in that game, just like here and well over 50% said that would flat out NOT do it again. That should at the least concern some here.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
So Far WoW has had the worst launch that I have played.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Official launch is not till the 2nd. With problems they are having with the server load during headstart, it does not bode well for release day, when they will be getting an even larger influx of players.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
If you can even ask this question then you did not beta and launch Anarchy Online. It was one of the most painful, tedious and irritating experiences I have ever had in gaming. I have beta tested and launched MMORPGs since the days of Ultima Online and I have seen some good ones and some bad ones. Anarchy Online was rediculously bad. The lag was tremendous. It would take you five minutes to move ten feet and then another five before you realized that you had actually moved. There were crashes every ten minues and the down times were hours and hours.

While this has obviously not been a smoothe launch and I will agree that a login queue is a bad sign, especialy in a head start where there is not a full capacity load, just two days before launch, this is NOTHING like the AO launch or for that matter others even.

So far if I were to rate this on a 10 to 1 scale, 1 being an absolute failure and 10 being a flawlessly perfect launch, AO would rate the 1, while STO is hovering at a 5 or 6, currently. I say this because I ave managed to play quite a bit. I have a L9 character and a decently equipend Miranda class vessle. So there has been some sucess, even though we are starting to see signs of more serious concers.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 01:14 PM
I understand the issues of how many people are playing this weekend, but what scares me the most is this is Headstart weekend. What happens on Tuesday when the greater unwashed show up? I could expect these issues after release, IF Cryptic didn't know what to expect ... but the game hasn't even released yet and we are having overcrowding. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K and they are ****ing me off!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Ive played several MMOs in my time and this game is THE smoothest launch. People that complain about haow bad the stability of this launch have no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs3000 View Post
AO has been pretty much labeled as the worst launch of any MMO ever. Server never being up, no one could stay logged in for longer than 5 minutes. It was unplayable.

STO is going down constantly, I have barely been able to complete quest before being kicked out and losing all progress. Lag so bad that you can't zone sometimes without being kicked out. Combat lagging and rubber banding like mad, and NOW, a queue system. That I have sat over 30 minutes at the same location, 55, and it will not move at all.

I was been around for both, and STO is quickly catching up to AO, the thing is, in 2 days, more people will buy the game and it will become worse. I think it's very possible, that STO may very well be known for the worst MMO launch ever.
I played AO at launch, and this game is WAAAY more developed than AO. AO will always have that title. And thanks for the lessons learned during AO, no MMO will have THAT unstable of a launch again.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
AO has been pretty much labeled as the worst launch of any MMO ever. Server never being up, no one could stay logged in for longer than 5 minutes. It was unplayable.

Not making excuses for cryptic cuz I'm ****ed I got server not responding an kicked into a load que but seriously AO not bad this one not bad I take it from alot of these posts that you ppl weren't around for SWG an its launch an its record almost 48 hour down time the constant 12 hour down times an remember this was after launch when time was money and they only credited ppl once an it was for 1 day. during that huge down time of almost 48 hours oh and they never met a deadline they'd say launch at 3 an 9 hours later your still waiting. So no offense but this an AO pales to what has come before them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoRmf5 View Post
Ive played several MMOs in my time and this game is THE smoothest launch. People that complain about haow bad the stability of this launch have no idea.
THe smoothest? Really? I would be curious as to what other MMOs you have played at launch. Its not the worst but its far far from the smoothest.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:

STO is going down constantly, I have barely been able to complete quest before being kicked out and losing all progress. Lag so bad that you can't zone sometimes without being kicked out. Combat lagging and rubber banding like mad, and NOW, a queue system. That I have sat over 30 minutes at the same location, 55, and it will not move at all.

I was been around for both, and STO is quickly catching up to AO, the thing is, in 2 days, more people will buy the game and it will become worse. I think it's very possible, that STO may very well be known for the worst MMO launch ever.
Oh no way.. Not even remotely.. One of the early AO clients actually corrupted the bootsector of your hard drive.. They labeled it as a "Known issue".. That game was unplayable.. This game just is lacking in hardware.. I think if they added a couple more hamsters to the wheel we might all be able to get in and play just fine.. =)