Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Ya it is a shame that the consumers are asking for the product they paid for...

Xlyander needs to get a life. It is NOT unreasonable to ask for a finished product. Just because companies are lazy, good for nothing greedy *******s doesn't make it "ok" for them to be that way. MMO's is one of the only industries where consumers rights go out the window...and whats worse is it justified by all the fanbois who love to think they know more then everyone else out there.

The problem with STO is nothing short of greedy business men in suits not giving a **** about who PAYING THEM TO BE RICH. They try to skirt by with a launch while spending as little money as possible for a semi-stable release, then just for good measure reducing the funding even more.

I dont blame the developers. No dev wants to release a **** product with there name on it (unless is SOE of course). In fact for the most part the game is great. No its the publisher that needs to get off there ass and allow Cryptic to spend the money on better hardware, take more time to iron out bugs, and prepare for a solid launch.

Oh and by the way Xylander... YOU are the ****ing moron.

Closed beta was to fix bugs, Open beta was to fix more bugs and stress test the hardware....the 4 days of headstart are NOT to do any of this ****ing ****. And if you think anything will be better by Tuesday you are horribly mistaken ******. IF WILL ONLY BE WORSE!!!!!!!!!! Of course you failed basic math in school if you cant realize that there will be more people flooding the servers on Tuesday, then EVEN MORE on the 5th when international sales open. This my friend is the best it wil be for weeks or months to come.

AND JUST BECAUSE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT SO STOP USING THAT BS EXCUSE.

People back pre-civil war used that excuse when people began asking why slavery was ok "because thats how its always been done"........

suck it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Where do I see it in 1 month?

245 of 1054
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedensuscg View Post
Ya it is a shame that the consumers are asking for the product they paid for...

Xlyander needs to get a life. It is NOT unreasonable to ask for a finished product. Just because companies are lazy, good for nothing greedy *******s doesn't make it "ok" for them to be that way. MMO's is one of the only industries where consumers rights go out the window...and whats worse is it justified by all the fanbois who love to think they know more then everyone else out there.

The problem with STO is nothing short of greedy business men in suits not giving a **** about who PAYING THEM TO BE RICH. They try to skirt by with a launch while spending as little money as possible for a semi-stable release, then just for good measure reducing the funding even more.

I dont blame the developers. No dev wants to release a **** product with there name on it (unless is SOE of course). In fact for the most part the game is great. No its the publisher that needs to get off there ass and allow Cryptic to spend the money on better hardware, take more time to iron out bugs, and prepare for a solid launch.

Note: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems...

Every MMO has extensive downtime the first 2 months after release. Most of us knew this when we bought the game and signed up for this headstart.



This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Where do you see STO in one month ?

I see me at position 600 in the queue from 1000 if I am being optimistic.

I see crashes daily with nothing but streams of complaints in the forums.

I see a steady decline of players over the next 30 days and then a sudden drop

I see the servers eventually finding a balance point where enough people have left that it remains stable

I see the server and game shutting because Cryptic pull the plug due to lack of subscribers

Finally, I see the death of any chance of an STO MMO being made for several years
I see this person has great powers of observation and can truly see the future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post

Note: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems...

Every MMO has extensive downtime the first 2 months after release. Most of us knew this when we bought the game and signed up for this headstart.




This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
good job an learning how to copy paste. go pick up your fanboi check and leave the real players here alone. thanks bye.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Where do you see STO in one month ?

I see me at position 600 in the queue from 1000 if I am being optimistic.

I see crashes daily with nothing but streams of complaints in the forums.

I see a steady decline of players over the next 30 days and then a sudden drop

I see the servers eventually finding a balance point where enough people have left that it remains stable

I see the server and game shutting because Cryptic pull the plug due to lack of subscribers

Finally, I see the death of any chance of an STO MMO being made for several years


the above seems likely
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
lol @ the status of Banned
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post

Note: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems...

Every MMO has extensive downtime the first 2 months after release. Most of us knew this when we bought the game and signed up for this headstart.



This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

Ok i've read every one of your posts here Xylander and i am sick and tired of your self important bs.

Just who the hell do you think you are?

"Every MMO has extensive downtime"?, no **** sherlock, its part of the MMO parody that the servers go down alot in the first few days/weeks, we get that so dont use it as a arguement. What we dont get is a veteran MMO company like Crypic screwing the pooch on a liscence that they KNEW was going to generate alot of players.

If they had even considered for one micron of a second of the number of players, fans or not, who would scramble to this game for whatever reason, they'd be ready for it.

And before you open your mouth about me being some kid, or someone with no experience off MMO's out, or the lovely insults you've thrown at people who dont agree with you, here is some reading for you..

I am a veteran of Dark Ages, Star Wars Galaxies, City Of Heros, World of ******** and Age of Conan, i took part in the Closed Beta and Open Beta on Galaxies AND Age of Conan and the early start on Star Wars Galaxies (given to Closed Beta testers for the hell we went through) and Age of Conan.

NONE of these games had the lackluster start that Star Trek Online has had, in Beta for Galaxies we went down for 2 months!, when it came back it was running smoother, still had its issues. Conan was the same, come early start for Galaxies, servers were up 20 hours a day with 4 hours of downtime, Conan was the same after a single day of stop-starts.

Come release for Conan there were issues with server loads, these were fixed in EARLY ACCESS within a day. World of ******** had a week of issues due to it being the first MMO title for that developer.

In Star Trek Online, we've had server issues, crashes and downtime during the open beta (and i am sure during the closed beta), but the big difference is that the other titles didnt have as many massive issues as this game has got, so close to store release...This is unacceptable for a veteran MMO developer like Cryptic.

We're officially (by date) only 3 days into the early start program, and already things have gone from bad to worse when it comes to the servers stability.

Are people angry about that? You bet your backside they are.

Are people angry at the lack of communication from the Developers/Mods? You bet your backside they are!

And are people sick and tired of folks like you putting them down for sharing they're opinions and feeling?

You bet your backside they are!

Alot of folks here have pre-paid for a product that isnt ready for launch, no matter which way you slice it people have the right to be angry. Those who've paid for lifetime subscriptions to this game want to to work, those who've paid for twelve month subscriptions want it to work, and those who have paid just for the game itself want it to work...

The only things we dont want are to be left in the dark about the current state of the game....and to be told by people like you that "all MMO's are like this" when clearly, many have not been.


Thats all from this tired old man, sick of little kids telling others what to think and do....



Oh, and 846 of 1866....god i feel old...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Where do you see STO in One Month?
432567854245 out of 54098723976238650645
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
I've been in queue now for 11 mins and I have moved 13 places...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.