Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Its Star Trek, beams are colored according to their operating principles, and nothing else. Get rid of this stat. If you want a different colored beam, use a different type of weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
This reminds me of the Black Dye Tubs in UO for way back when. That was a riot, and really ticked of the Game Devs!
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despriox
This reminds me of the Black Dye Tubs in UO for way back when. That was a riot, and really ticked of the Game Devs!
Sounds juicy! Tell us more!
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
It will be disabled. Mostly because it also changes the colors of buffs and your explosions.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Well the Constitution Gamestop preorder brags about blue phasers which leads me to believe that this is unintentional.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Vision View Post
Sounds juicy! Tell us more!
Through the miracles of Hex editing, and the fact that this was one of the first graphical MMOs out there, someone figure out how to "spike" dye tubes used to color clothing. Long story short, the game never had a true black dye available, only a sort of dirty gray. But, once word got out, people were selling black dye like crazy, some for real cash on eBay and what not. Eventually, someone figure out more and wrote a program, and anyone could change these little tubs.

The Devs had a hissy fit, called it hacking, which it was, and started banning. But the gene was out of the bottle, or in this case the tub, and you can ban everyone. While the exploit was fixed, the pre-dyed tubs remained, and the black tubs were so rare they could be sold for almost anything at first. Eventually, the game designers wised up and added black tubs as a "veteran" reward.

I may be fuzzy on the history, but it was a fiasco.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Didnt have a chance to try it out because the server went down.
But it sounds awesome.
Also i am a Trekkie, and i have no problem with different colored weapons.
And for those "dont use disruptors on fed!"-complainers, we can color disruptors orange now. Happy? :p
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I think they should keep the feature in the game s as it isn't such a big deal and that it even helps fixing other non canon stuff like Federation ships using disruptors instead of phasers. The only time you want to know what weapons someone is using is if you're in a PvP. And PvP has ruined Champions with all the nerfs they QQ about. This is actually a good thing to keep in the game.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox
Tactical Captain
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.