Ensign
Hi all,

Since I've downloaded the Delta Rising patch I haven't been able to play STO. The game manages to load up to the 'Delta Rising' screen, and then it crashes. I've retried several times, and twice out of these attempts my NVIDIA drivers have crashed alongside the game. I've also noticed that in-between the Cryptic screen and the Delta Rising screen the monitor flashes blue briefly.

Each time I start up the Client after a crash it says asks if I'd like to verify the game files. I've tried that twice now, and it hasn't helped anything. I was hoping that after yesterday's patch the game might actually load up, but nothing has changed.

If anyone could help, that would be great! I don't want to file a support ticket just yet until I know that none of you forum folks can help out.

Thanks!

Edit -

This is what my driver says when it crashes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 7 0x199c3140 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF
D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

Last edited by rachaeldelta; 10-17-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added in more information.
Ensign
# 2
10-17-2014, 05:40 AM
I have the same issue with the Nvidia 9400GT Rachaeldelta... I am hoping Nvidia releases a driver update for the game, or Perfect World Fixes it

I have had some luck loading up using safe mode... Open the options on the launcher, and pick safe mode... They recommended to me that I try switching to different DirectX 3d Options in the Display tab of your ingame options as well but no effect...

I also tried messing around with the full screen option in the Launcher options as well... I am still having this issue and having to run safe mode everytime...

I also noticed that when I do play certain missions are VERY low framerate even with graphics bottomed out... Typically I run fine with medium to high on certain options... I believe this is related to the issue...

If you get it running and have this same problem and it isn't typical please post it here, as it may be a common thing.

Temporary fix that worked for me in a nutshell:
Start Star Trek Online Launcher
Before engaging click the options
Scroll down the options and check "Safe mode"
The game should load (probably in a smaller screen) and then you can maximize after it loads up.

Hope that helps for now... Good to see I am not the only person with this issue.
Ensign
# 3
10-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaseta View Post
I have the same issue with the Nvidia 9400GT Rachaeldelta... I am hoping Nvidia releases a driver update for the game, or Perfect World Fixes it

I have had some luck loading up using safe mode... Open the options on the launcher, and pick safe mode... They recommended to me that I try switching to different DirectX 3d Options in the Display tab of your ingame options as well but no effect...

I also tried messing around with the full screen option in the Launcher options as well... I am still having this issue and having to run safe mode everytime...

I also noticed that when I do play certain missions are VERY low framerate even with graphics bottomed out... Typically I run fine with medium to high on certain options... I believe this is related to the issue...

If you get it running and have this same problem and it isn't typical please post it here, as it may be a common thing.

The game should load (probably in a smaller screen) and then you can maximize after it loads up.

Hope that helps for now... Good to see I am not the only person with this issue.
Got the same problem and tried your solution but it still crashes on the Delta Rising screen. The thing is, if this helps, it worked perfectly fine until I attempted to enter the gate to the Delta Quadrant. Specifically it's the mission "A step between stars" that's bugged. As soon as you click on it for the briefing, it goes to a loading screen which then crashes.

To be clear though, you can get in to the game on any other character you have that has not attempted to start this mission. Similarly you can get back in to the game on the character that has if you first load a character that hasn't, however, if you attempt to start "A step between stars" again, the game crashes on the loading screen.

In other words, it's the Delta rising content that's bugged. Everything else works fine.
Ensign
# 4
10-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaseta View Post

Hi, this worked for me! I booted the game up in Safe Mode and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
Ensign
# 5
10-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeldelta View Post
Hi, this worked for me! I booted the game up in Safe Mode and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
Still not working for me. I am trying to uninstall Arc and STO again, then reinstalling. Should take most of the day. Before the emergency patch last night I was on and able to play.
Ensign
# 6
10-19-2014, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialzybub View Post
Still not working for me. I am trying to uninstall Arc and STO again, then reinstalling. Should take most of the day. Before the emergency patch last night I was on and able to play.
I've noticed that when I boot it up in Safe Mode I have to wait until the game's on the 'select your character' type screen before putting the game into fullscreen, otherwise it crashes beforehand. Maybe that'll help?