Lt. Commander
What possible reason can there be not to have someone right now posting about whats going on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
I agree, we MUST have information about what is going on!

Implementing a queue system without the heads up from you has done irrevocable damage to your reputation and the future of this product!

Please let us know what is going on.

Phil
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
We all deserve an apology, on the front page with no wiggling or worming. Just an honest-to-God apology. We deserve that much, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
The lack of communication is making me think they just turned the thing on and went on to another project.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu9812 View Post
We all deserve an apology, on the front page with no wiggling or worming. Just an honest-to-God apology. We deserve that much, at least.
I disagree, I have been through many a mmo launch is no worse than any other, however, even if it is a sunday this is clearly one of the most important weekends at Cryptic, everyone must be at the office I am guessing, I just can see why you don't a Rep on talking to us.

If you lose the word of mouth battle in the next few days STO die, it really is important to have someone calming people down right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Very much agree. This queue system may be just to keep login server from crashing until a better solution can be found.

Who know's, we sure don't, no info coming from Cyptic. So everyone speculates for the worst and gets rather annoyed with a service we've paid for..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Agreed.

COme on now, all the official staff posts i've seen so far are things adressing in-game infractions and forum thread closure.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
I am sure its a big jump from beta to head start also and you got the feeling this morning as people woke up the server started getting slower and slower, so its definetly a capacity issue, but that takes time to fix its not like you can will a server thats ready to go just because you need it.

But if you just had someone come in and explain the situation you would calm down the masses who at the moment are in the teamspeaks and vent/forums everywhere talking crap about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
This has to be Cryptic's most critical weekend, basically ever. There is no question that the people responsible for customer communication are in the office. The fact that they are not communicating, then, is a VERY bad sign. It means that they either don't know what the problem is, or that they don't know how to fix the problem. In either case, it looks like this could end up being a very bad launch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Also not helping that idiots are still trying to click login ever 10 seconds and its just hammering the server more and more.

I have a feeling its just a lack of hardware, the problem is once its setup it might be to late.