Lt. Commander
# 1 oooook...
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I just got Disconnected from STO. Not suprised, I check with my friends to learn the server is still up. However, when I log back in, it informs me "The server is full, please try again later."

...This poses a problem. If the server is full with the Early Starters, the game is going to explode on general release.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
As much as it pains me to suggest, maybe we should just go back to playing other more stable games like EverQuest and wait a year for them to get their acts together before we try to enjoy it. Being a PAYING customer means we get to complain about this crap Cryptic. Our relationship with you is no different than a shareholder in a company. Right now your shareholders are displeased. Fix it before they abandon you for a better investment. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, I got past that bit, now it seems eternally stuck on "Retrieving list of characters"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
I finally got logged in, transported off of Memory Alpha, where I was last night before the server crashed. Upon loading screen to take me into space I get SERVER NOT RESPONDING. This would be funny in another situation.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
im used to it cutting me out if i spend more than 20 mins in a zone, makes it a right pain.

what i find funny is the games actuely kicking us out even if we have only just logged on to let new players into the game. seriously most of us are paying customers im sure theres corp. rules against such things.

they should at least give us a minimum play time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The server is lagging something chronic. I loaded STO, sat in a (broken) queue for 30 minutes - it told me i was 185 of 1100+ in the queue then loaded me in. I said hi in fleet and went to a mission, tried to zone down to the surface and got DC'd during map transfer. Talking in fleet took 20 seconds from when i typed it to arrive in fleet.

Capacity issues are going to make or break this game and Cryptics "single shared server" setup is the absolute worst setup to deal with this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Got back in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
They know they're having server issues; if you were in open beta, you probably know the servers blew up due to an influx of new players. They got some new server machines, but I'm thinking they didn't get enough... Anyways, they've said they're working on the problem, so let's hope they get enough machines +2 for release.

If I was any good at photoshoping this is where I'd post a pic of Roy Schrieder looking off the back of the Orca and saying, "We're gonna need a bigger server....".
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
I just got Disconnected from STO. Not suprised, I check with my friends to learn the server is still up. However, when I log back in, it informs me "The server is full, please try again later."

...This poses a problem. If the server is full with the Early Starters, the game is going to explode on general release.
Might just be the 'Log In' server is full, but yes, it could be problematic in the first week or so Retail.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribble2010
As much as it pains me to suggest, maybe we should just go back to playing other more stable games like EverQuest and wait a year for them to get their acts together before we try to enjoy it. Being a PAYING customer means we get to complain about this crap Cryptic. Our relationship with you is no different than a shareholder in a company. Right now your shareholders are displeased. Fix it before they abandon you for a better investment. Please.
You pay to access the game. Part of those terms is that they're not liable in anyway for downtime.
No one is forcing you to stay if you're unhappy.

Your relationship is nothing like a shareholder. You don't invest in this game, you don't have a say. You're just a number and although you might think you're special, you're not. You're unique, just like every other player.....

Forums are full of whiners. The happy players just get on a play and don't make pointless posts.