Lt. Commander
# 1 Is this Pay to Pray now?
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
I loved the open beta and was looking forward to the headstart, but I'm not paying money to wait in line. Heck, I don't even get that! I get a "Retreiving characters" but that's about it. Fortunately I got Mass Effect 2 the other day, so I'll be playing that for some time. But if this game isn't up and running in a week or two without log-in issues, consider my subscription cancelled. Sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
please tell me i did not spend $240.00 to spend 8 hours a day to get in
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
I agree. Atm the game is simply unplayable. The graphics engine is already a joke, the server lag and issues added on top of it... I'm defo not paying any subscription fee for the game in it's current state.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, we all have paid. And I am looking rather foolish now as an already paid lifetime subscriber.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I never had a problem back in open beta, but now the headstart is on, I have only been able to play it once. Funnily, they did say something about giving us a little surprise when the game launched. I never imagined this would be it...

Edit: Finally managed to create a character and ended up as nr 720 in a line of... 720 players. Seriously. And that because the server is full? If they had bothered use three or four servers at least, this might not even be an issue. Sigh... oh, well. At least I only paid for the game. We do get a month free, right? I think I'll hang around that month, but don't expect me to start paying for a subscription unless I get to log in without trouble every time, no matter when I try to log in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharph
please tell me i did not spend $240.00 to spend 8 hours a day to get in

LAWL!!!!!!!! Don't say no one told you so!

"I'm a STO Lifer!"

"I bought a lifetime subscription to help make the game better!"

"In 2 years I'll be playing for free!"

I saw this train wreck coming ten miles away...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamelas
LAWL!!!!!!!! Don't say no one told you so!

"I'm a STO Lifer!"

"I bought a lifetime subscription to help make the game better!"

"In 2 years I'll be playing for free!"

I saw this train wreck coming ten miles away...
Yeah! You are soooo awesome! You must be the most intelligent person on earth! It is good that you posted here... otherwise I would not have been able to praise your intelligence, oh lord of infinite wisdom! Enlighten us mere mortals that stand in the dark pit of ignorance...

... meh... whatever