Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Like I said, it's confession time boys and girls! Come clean and 'fess up! What is the worst thing you've done to another player in an MMO?

I'll start. When I was playing SWG several years back, I co-ran a guild based on Tatooine. We were an rp guild of smugglers, pirates, thugs, etc.-you get the idea. Well, I found myself enjoying the role I was playing a little too much. In SWG, you could rent certain items from a little-known NPC vendor that you could use in-game for your own events and such. These items were cosmetic only though-destroyed walkers, a Jawa sandcrawler- that sorta thing. These items would then disappear from the landscape and your inventory after something like 48 hrs. Well, I took one of these rent-able items and sold it to an afk spammer for 20 million credits- a lot of money for that economy at the time (pre-NGE). I got my money and I'm guessing that item disappeared soon after.

This one isn't bad because I didn't want to screw this person over, but I used to go to this stranger's house in the housing instance in Lotro who left his permissions open to anyone and everyone. I never stole anything, but I would rearrange all his/her furniture every week.
Career Officer
# 2
12-02-2013, 02:04 PM
performed a quick 10 kill streak on wot with the t18, blew up someone who i had an agreement with not to blow him up if it can be helped. problem is, he made such a tempting target at long range i couldn't help myself!!
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 3
12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
It was YOU !!!! After all these years I finally found you !
Jk hehe

I never do anything to someone I wouldn't want happening to me. Karma works in mysterious ways.
Captain
# 4
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Not an MMO, but I did troll a guy in TF2 for a good hour until he quit the server.

To be fair, he was using aimhacks.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
12-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I was told by someone in one of the newbie zones to give a high quality sword to one of the Orc Pawns in EQ. Basically if a new player kills it he'll get a nice reward. Then watched with horror as the pawn slaughtered every new player that challenged it. O_O
Career Officer
# 6
12-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Put 100,000,000 ISK bounty on a guy that keep podding me in EVE.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 7
12-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Put 100,000,000 ISK bounty on a guy that keep podding me in EVE.
lol ... Did anyone collect on it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
12-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I helped spread the Corrupted Blood Plague. Mostly because I was on a cousin's WoW char at the time because he needed to use the bathroom, and I didn't know wtf I was doing.

Helpful tip: Don't leave your ?berleet endgame character with absurdly OPed gear just lying around, open on your computer with an adolescent Star Trek geek in the house. You will regret it, especially when your guildies see that "you" are back from your bio break and take "you" on the new superhard leet quest. And then "you" go and get a lethal plague, which then spreads throughout the game world and kills literally millions of players.

Yeah. Not my best moment. In my defense, it wasn't on purpose.
Captain
# 9
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
SWG is also where I used to do my nefarious actions, lol. The macro system in that game was much better then other MMO's where you could do lots of stuff AFK, pre and post-NGE. I used to farm faction points AFK for hours at a time using a carbineer spamming full auto sweep or whatever it was called on gungans and then spam and sell the FP for millions. I would farm crafter resources used to make RIS armor AFK, farm the drops to get Mandalorian Armor (ultra rare Bobba Fett Armor) AFK, and I would train NPCs on rival AFK farmers, lol. Needless to say I was super rich in that game and could buy all the vet rewards from other players to make all my armor pieces and weapons decay proof, hundreds of millions of credits worth of anti decay kits to do that.

I also would AFK grind my Jedi on wookies, I would AFK level from 80-90 in space after the NGE by weighing my fire button down and parking on a certain spawn an NPC freighter would appear at regularly.

When player bounties came out and you could post bounties on people that killed you and player bounty hunter could attack the player and collect the bounties I would play a crafter alt, go overt and get killed on purpose just to post bounties I could collect with my hunter.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 10
12-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Cussed at them for being jerks. With me, you get one profanity-laced warning to knock it off and start playing so that the other people you're playing with have fun, too, then I report you for being a jerk.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer