Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
12-02-2013, 09:08 PM
back in my WoW days (few years ago) i was playing in gnomer as my shadow priest in some random pug and we're just tearing the place apart. well we had a warrior and there was a warrior dps and i was playin the groups healer. the dps warrior decide to start yankin aggro off the tank one time too many so i stopped healing him and he died.... twice. after the second time he starts his whine triad on how im a crappy healer, i dont know ****, you cant dps and heal, whaa, whaa, whaa, then finally asked why he wasnt getting heals and i told him "sorry i cant heal stupid." and logged out
There is no QA there is only ZUUL
Captain
# 12
12-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowestlvl View Post
back in my WoW days (few years ago) i was playing in gnomer as my shadow priest in some random pug and we're just tearing the place apart. well we had a warrior and there was a warrior dps and i was playin the groups healer. the dps warrior decide to start yankin aggro off the tank one time too many so i stopped healing him and he died.... twice. after the second time he starts his whine triad on how im a crappy healer, i dont know ****, you cant dps and heal, whaa, whaa, whaa, then finally asked why he wasnt getting heals and i told him "sorry i cant heal stupid." and logged out
I don't think you did anything particuarly bad there. You were just refusing to reward bad behavior.

I quite like that.

This is the mmo I play most, so all my "bad" behavior is here.

I don't think I did anything wrong is this example, but some people would say it was pretty bad. The leadership of my fed fleet went inactive and I was given the option to claim leadership, (there was still a decent active membership at the time) I instantly demoted the other leaders (pre new probation periods) and rebranded the fleet. As in changed everything. Name, ranks, emblem, uniforms and rules. I also reshuffled the members ranks based on my own standards. When the old leaders returned they demanded I return leadership to them. I instead removed them and they sent me a pm saying they were reporting me for theft of fleet.

That was a year ago and not heard from them again.

I also took over leadership of my kdf fleet about two months after the new fleet leadership rules came, but in that case all but a couple of other members went inactive and I booted the old leader first chance I got cause I didn't wanna deal with the drama in case he/she (never found out) ever came back.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Career Officer
# 13
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
The meanest thing I ever did is I quit playing Pirates of the Burning Sea, leaving four pirate guilds including mine scrambling for a new source of cannons, gun upgrades, shot and powder. PotBS had a player-based economy, meaning every item in the game was either a drop or someone crafted it. And I was the biggest producer of armaments in the pirate faction on at least my original server. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when I announced my departure.

A few more nefarious deeds committed by the dread pirate Sander:

Right after a guildmate I didn't like built a nigh-unattainable flagship, I swapped to a character on another faction and led a gank squad to sink him. (This, by the way, is why territory-control PvP on a single server is not a great idea for casual MMOs.)

While laying siege to an enemy port, I sank an NPC ship the poor guy above was trying to capture. Upon returning to his own ship, he found it surrounded by the enemy fleet I'd kited to surround it was shortly scuppered.

And in fairly quick succession my friends and I either sank or captured all five ships a rival guild leader owned.
"Everybody Chill Out!"

"I'mma cold-blooded killer... Ha ha! get it?"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 14
12-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Used to be a game called Earth Eternal. I played a race called a Lisian. I was the blue smart arse one. Yeah, that one if you knew me or came across me up to no good.

When you first arrive at Stonehenge ( I and others called it Stonelag for obvious reasons ), there was a dinky village called Fort Stonehenge. There was quest givers there.

I used to stand by the tree and act like one, I would greet newbies by giving them wrong directions, like to Ironstone where the cute bunnies would tear you apart and such or start a one sided conversation.

Kind got got busted by a newbie after they asked in Region Chat ( or Zone ) if that blue Lisian that greets you at Fort StoneHenge was bugged.

About a dozen replies came at once, as " CRASHBANG!! STOP IT!! "

I was innocent I tells you. =3

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Dragons go RAWR!
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
I don't think you did anything particuarly bad there. You were just refusing to reward bad behavior.

I quite like that.

This is the mmo I play most, so all my "bad" behavior is here.

I don't think I did anything wrong is this example, but some people would say it was pretty bad. The leadership of my fed fleet went inactive and I was given the option to claim leadership, (there was still a decent active membership at the time) I instantly demoted the other leaders (pre new probation periods) and rebranded the fleet. As in changed everything. Name, ranks, emblem, uniforms and rules. I also reshuffled the members ranks based on my own standards. When the old leaders returned they demanded I return leadership to them. I instead removed them and they sent me a pm saying they were reporting me for theft of fleet.

That was a year ago and not heard from them again.

I also took over leadership of my kdf fleet about two months after the new fleet leadership rules came, but in that case all but a couple of other members went inactive and I booted the old leader first chance I got cause I didn't wanna deal with the drama in case he/she (never found out) ever came back.
That's just terrible man you did steal the fleet pretty much although by the new standards you didn't technically do it. You should have given them back leadership when they returned not been "Oh its mine now so gtfo" and booted them. I now have a lower opinion of you sir.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Captain
# 16
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I tried to dig up something for this thread, something juicy and nefarious, but overall I am quite proud of my conduct on STO and the other MMOs I've had the fortune to play in the past. I've always been a champion of decency and good manners, and this game is no different.

Glad to know that some of the players on the forums complaining about trolls are taking the time to admit they were once trolls as well.

Nbreeki
Gentleman Scholar
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by illyrian2008 View Post
i don't know why people are so down on obesity but i guess that's the feeder fetishist in me talking lol
Empire Veteran
# 17
12-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Worst thing I did(apparently) is I had to quit early out of an stf once and my fleet leader considered that so heinous he kicked me from the fleet next time I was on.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM
I had two friends once, and one time, the female one got misty about being picked on by my other friend, I wasn't sure what he did, she just was bent outta shape like it was something horrible, as upset as she was I figured it was borderline harassment. So I jumped on him and talked down to him about it, also hurting his feelings. Then she nearly cheered that he was punished and thanked me for doing such a great job. Some years after that, in fact about a month ago, she decided I was dirt and without warning sent me a letter telling how sick I made her and she never wanted to talk to me again (the previous day, me and her and another friend where talking about how we had been such good friends for so long) then boom! I'm an ogre overnight. Someone was dispatched to put me in my place and tell me how much of a horrible person I was. I am also no longer welcome in my old fleet, nor looked upon as with the same or any respect I once held with my guild mates, the power of a woman's tears can break hearts/fleets/friendships/alliances/reputations and kingdoms!

I think back to my other friend that day, and when I jumped on him, and now I feel like such a heel! =U.U=

Chivalry + spiteful female = rent-a-thug
CatStar VS Darth Revan *(Spoilers)*
Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC_Cat hug_No to ARC!
Captain
# 19
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
I had two friends once, and one time, the female one got misty about being picked on by my other friend, I wasn't sure what he did, she just was bent outta shape like it was something horrible, as upset as she was I figured it was borderline harassment. So I jumped on him and talked down to him about it, also hurting his feelings. Then she nearly cheered that he was punished and thanked me for doing such a great job. Some years after that, in fact about a month ago, she decided I was dirt and without warning sent me a letter telling how sick I made her and she never wanted to talk to me again (the previous day, me and her and another friend where talking about how we had been such good friends for so long) then boom! I'm an ogre overnight. Someone was dispatched to put me in my place and tell me how much of a horrible person I was. I am also no longer welcome in my old fleet, nor looked upon as with the same or any respect I once held with my guild mates, the power of a woman's tears can break hearts/fleets/friendships/alliances/reputations and kingdoms!

I think back to my other friend that day, and when I jumped on him, and now I feel like such a heel! =U.U=

Chivalry + spiteful female = rent-a-thug
I wish that kind of thing only happened to me in mmo's.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Commander
# 20
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
On EQ2, there's a very high cliff in Butcher Block mountains. My wife and I had characters with safe-fall, so we could always just leap from the cliff and float to the beach far below.

Well, we had another friend (a RL friend) start playing and we were showing him around the world. When we came to the cliff, I said, "Okay, this cliff is tricky. You just jump right at the edge and a wind-draft will catch you and float you to the ground. Here, I'll show you."

I ran to the cliff, jumped off, then floated to the ground (because of my safe-fall ability). My wife followed me down.

Then my friend ran and jumped...

And plummeted like a rock. About half way down, he realized he'd been duped and typed: "LIAR!"

Then he smashed onto the ground. It was his character's first death.