Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
wel, one day left to get ths one...? is it worth the risk?
Lt. Commander
# 2 sure they are......
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Life time subscription is perfect.. at the rate we are playing, it will take a lifetime to get to admiral.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
I got it and im dealing with the issues, if it up its up if its down its down. As long as it runs for more than 2 years or more then its an investment well spent imo.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Nope not worth it. And that has nothing to do with the current server status.

I have rarely played an MMO for 18 months, and STO is hardly as exceptional as those I have played that long. I don't see the value in it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencez View Post
It really is simply a question of the math, and how much you intend to spend on STO.

The only way you will 'lose' money on it, is if you only play STO less than number of months (16 iirc) equal to the LT sub -- including taking breaks and comping back to play STO.

If you are a vet MMORPGr, take a look at how many months you have subbed to other games.

For myself, I would have made money on WoW, EQ, and EQ2, but would have lost money on Vanguard Online, SWG, and WAR.

Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
If you buy a lifetime sub, you lose your only real way of influencing Cryptic to make a better game. These chumps only listen when people unsubscribe.
You won't be able to do that.
So if you want a better game in the long run, keep your money.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
If you buy a lifetime sub, you lose your only real way of influencing Cryptic to make a better game. These chumps only listen when people unsubscribe.
You won't be able to do that.
So if you want a better game in the long run, keep your money.
Exactly, funny that they are only offering the lifetime sub "If you act NOW.. HURRY times is running out!"

Seriously, they KNOW they wont be able to keep subscribers with the game the way it is now and they are pushing peoples buttons to make them think they HAVE to get that lifetime sub now.. before they have a change to even play the game..

I mean, If you could go back in time and buy a lifetime ticket on the Hindenburg.... having never flown in it and based solely on descriptions of what it would be like... would you? You probably would.. but then you take that maiden voyage and burn to death... money well spent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
The game will last a few years easy, all mmo's usually do. How much of a playerbase is another story.
Its completely up to you, but the game will probably be around for a few years.
Lt. Commander
# 9 bought a 1 yr instead
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
presented good enough value, locked in the discounted annual subscription fee in case they do get this game up and working to the level expected and if they don't in that time I've saved about AUD$80 because I would commit to at least one year's worth before giving up entirely
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
I mean, If you could go back in time and buy a lifetime ticket on the Hindenburg.... having never flown in it and based solely on descriptions of what it would be like... would you? You probably would.. but then you take that maiden voyage and burn to death... money well spent.
It was in operation for over a year before the fire. And it only had about a 1/3rd casualty rate. Fire burns up.