Lt. Commander
# 1 Queuing? WTFRACK?
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I managed to log in for the first time over the weekend and create a new character. I've done the intro and managed to get a mission from Quinn.

I click my button to beam to the ship, my character dissapears... but nothing else changes.

Then, I'm disconnected.

I try to log back in, no avail. I wait 20 mins... Try again... no avail... wait 20 mins... try again... damn damn damn damn damn....... DAMN!

I log in again, and now i'm queued position 88 out of 648 and rising.
Scratch that... I've alt tabbed back to the game and it's kicked me out of the queue. Now i'm in position 748 out of 748. You guys are royally taking the piddle.

I DID NOT PAY 113 to wait in a queue. I DID NOT PAY 113 to have no headstart. I DID NOT PAY 113 for constant disconnects. I DID NOT PAY 113 to never be able to log in...

I am NOT a merry man!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
/agree
Glad i'm not a lifer...
Lt. Commander
# 3 Hmmm
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Went on Server not responding then thrown into a que. Ohh the teething pains of a new server * pulls hair out!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcost61 View Post
Went on Server not responding then thrown into a que. Ohh the teething pains of a new server * pulls hair out!!

I'm going out on a limb here....let's get that 2nd server dusted off and online.

(voice dripping with sarcasm)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Yawn, yes another post about how it is the end of the game 3 days into the headstart. Yes feel so sorry for the lifers who cannot play the headstart weekend perfectly. The other 11 months out of the year mean nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Awwww did I make you yawn?
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
I didn't ask you to respond in here. You might not care that you currently cant log in. I care, because so far i've had access to a pitiful 20 mins of my headstart. You've probably had the liberty of being able to log in for hours at a time and therefore don't give a crap. In fact, you remind me of the numpties who stand in IronForge flexing and ignoring anything lower than level 79.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnai View Post
I DID NOT PAY 113 to wait in a queue.
When you buy a car, there is no guarantee you will not get caught in a traffic jam.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Excuse me?
02-01-2010, 02:08 AM
An update, I wasn't able to log in ALL NIGHT! That's not a queue. That's the world ending by nuclear holocaust and everybody abandons their vehicles to run under the nearest street lamp for cover. I'm stuck in my car. Tooting my horn. Getting no where.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
When you buy a car, there is no guarantee you will not get caught in a traffic jam.
Sounds logical, but it is not.... Nobody has control over traffic, because on rush hours you cant add additional streets.
But the guys at cryptic have information about how many were interested in the beta test, and they know how many people have preordered....
so a few days before real start, they could have invested for enough bandwith for preorderers....
or asked in other way:
How is it possible to have a good working server after 2.2.2010, when its not possible for a much smaller number of user (preorder) before ?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
When you buy a car, you expect the engine to continue to run and drive forth. I mean, after all, you DID pay for the car, right?

What you don't expect is that the dealer that sold you the car to tell you "I'm sorry, we're aware of the problem and we're working on a solution. In the mean time, we'll put you in a queue for our loaner engine.". And you ask yourself why the dealer didn't tell you this ahead of time. You know why. If they had, you wouldn't have bought the car.

Get the picture?