Lt. Commander
# 1 When do I have a right?
01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
This is strictly a question for the fanboys and vehement defenders of Cryptic.

When do i have a right to start complaining?

A little background:
I paid for the collectors edition in full ($80) at gamestop in-store back in december.
i have played prolly 8 different MMO's most of them from launch.

Now i will average the time-frames that are posted and promise here and now that i will never post another forum thread about anything negative, or even an in-game statement thats negative.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
unfortunately i have to bump my own thread due to insta page 2-3 lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
You dont have a right to anything, its the internet, but im not a fanboi.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyekon
guess you are right, any more answers please?
Just ignore those pedantic brown nosing morons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
guess you are right, any more answers please?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyekon
This is strictly a question for the fanboys and vehement defenders of Cryptic.

When do i have a right to start complaining?

A little background:
I paid for the collectors edition in full ($80) at gamestop in-store back in december.
i have played prolly 8 different MMO's most of them from launch.

Now i will average the time-frames that are posted and promise here and now that i will never post another forum thread about anything negative, or even an in-game statement thats negative.
Are you serious,if you think buying a game gives you stock in said company,ppl like you and all your whiny friends need to grow up,and you will but the BS u say today will always be there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
You have the right to do whatever you want whenever you want. But you also have the right to think rationally about it.

Downtime complaints are valid - though they can become invalid arguments when your complaints turn into baseless accusations and silly overexaggeration. Downtime = bad. Okay. Downtime = worst company in the history of MMOs, look at game X Y and Z = silly.

Queues are annoying. No one really likes them, but they're also used to keep downtime from happening. Necessary interim evil. Complaints okay, not accepting why they're there, though, is silly.

Combination of factors a bad show - technically a sound argument. Combination of features = you losing money. Technically not true - Head Starts are a courtesy, at best, and you have plenty of time to cancel your order, still, and walk away with a wash of investment. No money lost for package deal, beta and head start time handled through deposit.

Cancellation - an idle threat. Businesses do well on making money. But everytime a player comes and posts about them canceling, it's just being silly. There are lots of unseen players who cancel, and lots of unseen ones who do. Declaring you're canceling, however, is doing little more than just trying to draw attention to yourself. IF you don't like it, walk out and away with pride.

If you have a valid complaint, make them. Make them in a civilized manner. If someone still wants to harass you about it, ignore them. They're making waves.

You can complain about whatever, however, you want. But moderation and civility helps to get your message across.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiTataki View Post
You can complain about whatever, however, you want. But moderation and civility helps to get your message across.

LEARN THESE WORDS THEY ARE GOLD
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
no i dont have stock in the company, but id like to think that a company cares what a mass amount of people think about their product? i am no business expert but seems like i would care. thanks the the constructive "go **** yourself you whiner" response.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
You can complain anytime and in any quantity you like, with the caveat that the rest of us will make fun of you for wasting the time and energy.