Lt. Commander
# 1 Stardate / Warp Speed
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
I plugged in the stardate into a calculator and came up with STO is using the same system as purported in the canon... which is cool... but...

the date in game is September 2410, not 2409

and secondly the date doesn't match up to Warp speeds... for example the Light cruiser goes Warp 7.48 which is capable of circling the Vulcan sector in a month...however i can do that in a day in game time. This means that Warp 7.48 is not the same as it is in canon or the stardate is a different system

It is unlikely they'd change Stardate system so the warp system has have changed...but the only change we know of is transwarp and that is something different so we have a conflict...

I would like it if the stardate was sped up to match the warp speed of the ship (the best solution overall)... but it looks like the only thing to do for those who want to keep time more canon is to say that the warp scale was changed so now warp is something like 37 times faster now...

It just seems like such a waste to follow canon so closely with warp and dating and then screw them by not matching them up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durakken View Post
the Light cruiser goes Warp 7.48 which is capable of circling the Vulcan sector in a month..
Sorry, where do you get this figure? If this is TOS or ENT warp, then the speeds did change. I don't know the exact date, but at some point between TOS and TNG, the warp factor definitions changed significantly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
well screw this i want a refund. REFUND REFUND...

sorry i had to
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Cryptic fails. I expect to require nutrients and breathable air when I am walking around on my ship. Instead all I get is a boring simulation.