Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesten View Post
how am i a fanboi ive only seen the most recent star trek movie .. never played anythng else by cryptic .. im a wow player since beta and the only reason i tried star trek is because i played it at my friends house when open beta started
If it talks like a fanboi, attacks people who complain like a fanboi, it is a fanboi.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
If it talks like a fanboi, attacks people who complain like a fanboi, it is a fanboi.
attacks people who complain like a fanboi .. what?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
01-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
What is it that makes you fanbois so dense? OK, for the FOURTH time,

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WoW BEING RIGHT AT RELEASE. I AM TALING ABOUT IT BEING RIGHT NOW.
the reason its right now is because its been OUT OF BETA AND EARLY RELEASE FOR YEARS!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesten View Post
the reason its right now is because its been OUT OF BETA AND EARLY RELEASE FOR YEARS!
And MMOs have been around for 15 years. Geeze, do you people think these things get developed in a vacuum? Nobody changes companies? No one who works at Cryptic has worked any place else? No one has played another game and said, "so that's how it is done?"

I could understand it if NO ONE had EVER made an MMO before. This is something that has been around for a long time. There is no excuse for REPEATEDLY making the SAME MISTAKES. I don't know this personally, because I didn't play the game, but there have been some on these forums that have pointed out that Champions Online had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. And guess what? It was ALSO made by Cryptic. Come one, how long are we going to allow these people to do this to us? How long are we going to buy the same tired excuses?

They will NEVER get better so long as there is a dedicated body of you fanbois who will turn over money no matter how crappy the product, and will not only refrain from complaining, but will viciously attack anyone else who does.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesten View Post
attacks people who complain like a fanboi .. what?
Uh, yeah. Remember when you wrote this:

"so im happy all the QQ'ers are leaving but id also like to say that most of these kids prolly arnt even old enough to go see a movie with blood at a cinema"

QQ is a favorite phrase of you fanbois. Yeah, that's YOU attacking someone who complained.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
What is it that makes you fanbois so dense? OK, for the FOURTH time,

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WoW BEING RIGHT AT RELEASE. I AM TALING ABOUT IT BEING RIGHT NOW.

I've got no clue? Listen, idiot, I've been playing MMOs for ten years. I've played EQ I, since Kunark, EQ II, SWG, Guild Wars, WoW, and beta tested a little known game called Earth Above and Beyond. I know what I'm talking about. Been there, done that. And I'm sick of the excuses for the same problems with every game.

The fact that many games came before STO and got it wrong is NO EXCUSE for STO to get it wrong. To the contrary, it is the reason why we should expect them to be BETTER.
So wait wait... you're comparing STO pre release, even pre three month mark, to a game thats been out for years?

Go back to school. Get a degree in networking, business management, accouting, computer programming, graphic designs, database management, and probably some others.

Then go work in a company that developes MMO's and your feeble mind will be enlightened to why EVERY MMO to-date has had a rocky start.

This may be hard for your feeble under developed mind to comprehend, but MMO's are mas sive undertakings which all use different programming met hods. Different programming met hods means different networkings, setups, configurations. All of which need tweaked for such a large scale endeavor

Hopefully mommy tells you its bed time soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
Uh, yeah. Remember when you wrote this:

"so im happy all the QQ'ers are leaving but id also like to say that most of these kids prolly arnt even old enough to go see a movie with blood at a cinema"

QQ is a favorite phrase of you fanbois. Yeah, that's YOU attacking someone who complained.
Hey bro take a chill pill!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintaru View Post
We live in a world of instant gratification; many people were willing to condemn this game from just open beta, many more will condemn it based on just the four days of headstart. Deferred gratification or the quality of being patient, watching something grow and hopefully come into fruition, is lost on so many of us. We have all become so cynical that it makes me sad, though, I think I am just as guilty of being impatient and cynical because I think Gene Roddenberry's utopian future will never be realized with how we are.

I'm going to go into a corner and QQ now for the human race.
Instant gratification is rushing an UNFINISHED PRODUCT to market before it is ready to scoop in big bucks. Your ire is directed at the wrong people. This is like a car company selling a car with no transmission and saying, "watch us grow, we'll make a car right eventually". In the meantime, you've paid good money for something that doesn't work. They've got your money (instant gratification) and you've got NOTHING.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
Instant gratification is rushing an UNFINISHED PRODUCT to market before it is ready to scoop in big bucks. Your ire is directed at the wrong people. This is like a car company selling a car with no transmission and saying, "watch us grow, we'll make a car right eventually". In the meantime, you've paid good money for something that doesn't work. They've got your money (instant gratification) and you've got NOTHING.
...

You're really bad at analogies.

This is more like writing a trilogy, and only releasing 1 book at a time.

The game works, is playable, and many people find it fun.

A car without a transmission wouldn't work at all, and if anyone bought it while the company was saying that, well... they deserve what they get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
So wait wait... you're comparing STO pre release, even pre three month mark, to a game thats been out for years?

Go back to school. Get a degree in networking, business management, accouting, computer programming, graphic designs, database management, and probably some others.

Then go work in a company that developes MMO's and your feeble mind will be enlightened to why EVERY MMO to-date has had a rocky start.

This may be hard for your feeble under developed mind to comprehend, but MMO's are mas sive undertakings which all use different programming met hods. Different programming met hods means different networkings, setups, configurations. All of which need tweaked for such a large scale endeavor

Hopefully mommy tells you its bed time soon.
Sorry to disappoint you, sonny, but I have a doctorate. I own my own business. And I could NEVER get away with telling my customers, "sorry I didn't get it right, wait a couple of years and maybe I will, in the meantime, keep paying me." They'd fire me in an INSTANT. And well they should.

Yes, fanboi, I AM comparing it to a game that has been out for years. And you are WRONG not EVERY MMO has had a rocky start. The last one I beta tested did NOT have these kinds of techinical problems and that was a good six or seven years ago.

Most intelligent people learn not only from their mistakes but the mistakes of others. But not so computer software developers. Oh no, they make the exact same mistakes over and over again and they have a loyal body of fanbois like you to play attack dog for them.

You want to settle for mediocrity, knock yourself out. I don't allow myself to provide my clients with a mediocre product, and I'll be damned if I'll accept it from someone selling it to me.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.