Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnlaw View Post
I'm picturing all of you fanbois in a circle around the computer . . .

Folks, you know what is behind the venom of the fanbois? They bought life accounts, realize this game is looking like it may be the worst release in the history of MMOs, and are desperate to try and hide from the fact that they may very well have threw a couple hundred bucks away.
Actually a lot of the whine threads are full of lifers whining about things.

Some of us a) Have played other MMO's before and so don't get NERD RAGE until a week of down time, b) have lives and so can put things in perspective, or c) Enjoy showing idiots how wrong they are.

Unless Cryptic pulls some magic out I don't expect to be playing this beyond the first month. This was a bridging MMO for me (curse you SW:TOR!).
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
You're looking at SWG as an example? That does not bode well for the future of this game.
Well lets hope not, but it is one of the few games I played through beta to release.

This is normal.

Wait until the servers go down unexpectedly during prime time on a Friday night.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONSLAUGHT49 View Post
While I have been less than happy with the current state of the server/servers...the crying on the forums and threats to cancel preorders is hilarious....I have yet to play a MMO with a smooth launch....for those of you looking to cancel..please go back to your consoles and leave your pc to those that have the mental capacity to handle some down time...less folks like you in the servers..less likely I am to get grouped with an impatient child who will spend their entire time crying about SOMETHING in the game no matter what...(kept it clean because this is a public forum.)
Not to mention the less likely it is that this game will be around in a year or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
I'm picturing all of you fanbois in a circle around the computer . . .

Folks, you know what is behind the venom of the fanbois? They bought life accounts, realize this game is looking like it may be the worst release in the history of MMOs, and are desperate to try and hide from the fact that they may very well have threw a couple hundred bucks away.

Those of us who have been playing MMOs for a while were smart enough to not buy the game or a lifetime subscription.

Be nice to the fanbois, folks. It is much easier to complain when you can do it without looking stupid.
You, sir, are an idiot. period. The game hasn't been released yet. We are playing the headstart, and all QQing ppl can quit and deposit your stuff here, and get in the wwwwaaaaaaamublance.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Actually a lot of the whine threads are full of lifers whining about things.

Some of us a) Have played other MMO's before and so don't get NERD RAGE until a week of down time, b) have lives and so can put things in perspective, or c) Enjoy showing idiots how wrong they are.

Unless Cryptic pulls some magic out I don't expect to be playing this beyond the first month. This was a bridging MMO for me (curse you SW:TOR!).
A) Check (been playing MMO's since EQI Kunark expansion), but I cannot for the life of me figure out why after a decade and a half of experience, software developers STILL can't get a game right at release. I would be out of a job if I failed the first time so many times.
B) Check (hence my comments about 15 years or so of inexplicable failures)
C) Check (which is why I so enjoying giving fanbois a hard time).

Unless Cryptic pulls a major miracle, I am probably gone after they demand that I pay for this -- however long that takes. I'm willing to put up with just about anything so long as they don't expect me to pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Those of us who have been playing MMOs for a while were smart enough to not buy the game or a lifetime subscription.
But not it seems smart enough to not troll/flame a forum of a game you obviously do not like. just leave, annoyed that the game you wanted to be perfect from launch, isn't.

I'm hoping for the bugs to be ironed out, more content, diplomacy missions, a proper crafting tree........... I just do not expect it now, eventually, but i will stick around to see how this game develops.

Maybe auburnlaw, in a years time, you can laugh and say "i told you so" But i don't think so, come on people, just give it a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Box of tissues sent, should be there in 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee-Bhor View Post
Title says it all, this has gone from bad to worse. I have no faith in Cryptics ability to get this game on track. This will only get worse come 2nd Feb, if I cant cancel, gonna sell my box to some idiot who aint heard that STO sucks ****
Wow Kee-Bor you really put it on there, mr macho man doesn't like the game cos its only 2 DAYS IN and of course we dont get a MONTH FREE to see how it develops. Not only have you proved that your unproffesional and have a complete lack of patience, but you also made yourself sound like a complete toddler and fool. Reading your post gave me these thaughts strait away:

1. Your immature
2. You clearly have no experience in MMO's that have just launched. (Name me an MMO that was perfect from start and I'll scratch this number off).
3. Your clearly have no pattern of thought cos your only ruining the game for others and attempting (but miserably failing) to discredit the work that has gone into this.

Sorry this aint WoW, sorry this game doesnt have 15 million people subscribed and 4 years of development under its belt, sorry there arent 2 expansion packs already. But what I aint sorry for is your departure from the server and along with it your complete disrespect for others......+1 to cryptic here....server is better off without people like you.
You want to be heard, write something sensible and structured which can be used to improve the game not reduce its chances. Don't write something thats worth less than the filthy tissue paper i flush down the toilet .
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedds
You, sir, are an idiot. period. The game hasn't been released yet. We are playing the headstart, and all QQing ppl can quit and deposit your stuff here, and get in the wwwwaaaaaaamublance.
I'm not the one who has thrown away a couple hundred bucks, fool. Congratulations, it is a headstart. What you seem incapable of understanding is that there is a difference between "headstart" and "beta". We're done with beta. What we are playing now is supposed to be the RELEASE version of the game. The fact that they are having MAJOR issues TWO DAYS prior to the launch of the game does not bode well.

Anyone who isn't a sychophantic fanboi could grasp those relatively simple concepts.

Now, go wipe that brown stuff off your nose.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously, what is a few hours downtime in an MMO... Many people have yet to realise that things in MMO's take days, weeks or even months to complete. It is not some FPS game that has 30 noobs on it.

Good riddance mate to the the OP.
Closed Thread