Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
It's "queue"... for the love of god... it's queue.

Q-U-E-U-E.
Lt. Commander
# 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
Except that I played it in Closed Beta and Open Beta and yes I have played through a lot of rubber banding and lag but guess what I PLAYED.
And you automatically assume you will play this game for $200 worth of monthly subscriptions.

Everything is your fault. Stop whining.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPilotAU View Post
That's funny, I was in que Yesterday after the servers came back up. I didn't know that the que I was in yesterday wasn't really there...

Just keep shooting yourself in the foot. It is humorous
Which server downtime are you talking about? The one that happened 10PST? Went on for two hours and was resolved TODAY?
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawed_Tactics
Actually many people played the open BETA and there were no Que's. So maybe you should learn about something before you post an ignorant response. There is no call for having a Que in a one server game like this. Thats why its set up the way it is as a cluster server the load should be spread around as needed. At the very least order more D*** servers. Its unacceptable that they have to do this NOW and not have it in place during the open Beta.

Actually they did make it in open beta and test it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
It couldn't possibly have been; it's a fix for a much bigger problem that was added AFTER the Headstart crowds completely destroyed all industry standard rule of thumb projections. In most MMOs, a certain percentage of preorders log on during peak time, and a certain percentage of them never log on at all.

In STO, a massively higher percentage of preorders are actively playing the game during peak times. Cryptic doesn't build the hardware, it takes time to get more, so they instituted a queue so the servers didn't get horribly overloaded. That's exactly the right thing to do, and it's common and normal practice in the MMO industry. World of ******** has queues. EVE has queues. Why did you think it was impossible it would ever happen here?
Cuz most of these people have NEVER played a prelaunch or launch of ANY other game least not of all an mmo. I am AMAZED at the responses I am reading here I have been in several betas and at several launches for various mmos.

THAT is why even though i preordered, and bought a lifetime sub I am not playing until AFTER the 2nd and even then I know it will be crash and patch until then . BUT THIS, this is how EVERY game starts off if there are this many pre launch/at launch customers logged in at once during initial server set up and/or initial launch.

Oh yeah its not even launch yet. W/E I have to say it ... looks like theres a bunch of noobs playing sto right now, I cannot wait to get in there and pwn some whiny little nOOb fed kidz with my BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoug
And you automatically assume you will play this game for $200 worth of monthly subscriptions.

Everything is your fault. Stop whining.
Lets see I played Planterside, WoW, PotBS and Warhammer for 200$ or more worth of subscriptions. So yes, I made an assumption based on my playing habits and the knowledge I gathered from the Open Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
How do you explain full server then?
How do you know that its not the log in server being not up to snuff during a relaunch? See, I can make speculative claims too. Its fun.

The fact that there are no queue during other periods of play is pretty telling isnt it? Or its a sign that their net/ops infrastructure is just crap. CO had the same issues and it was far far from overpopulated lol.
Lt. Commander
# 38
Quote:
Which server downtime are you talking about? The one that happened 10PST? Went on for two hours and was resolved TODAY?
you couldn't resist hehe

No sir, the one that happened around 1pm EST on Saturday. It was back up around 5 or 6pm EST on SATURDAY. Try again please
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksplinter View Post
Actually they did make it in open beta and test it.
When? Me and my guild of 10 players have never seen a qeue. When did they test it?
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Lets see I played Planterside, WoW, PotBS and Warhammer for 200$ or more worth of subscriptions. So yes, I made an assumption based on my playing habits and the knowledge I gathered from the Open Beta.
And you were never stuck in queue for WOW and War during headstart? really?