Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAlpha1
Looks like just another typical MMO launch to me......If your a true and experienced gamer then you know this to be true.
Sure its a pain that we can't be playing. Nobody likes sitting in a Que!

But this is just the beginning to a ton of server downs and ques.

Get used to it or quit now...And I'll take you lifetime membership from you if you don't want it or don;t want to wait in the Que to get your money back!

I've played a lot of MMOs and a few CB and OB and some times you can't help but get ****ed almost done with the mission and get DC now 1567 out of 1786 queue and has not changed in over 10 mins by the time I get back in have to do the mission all over
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Read the disclaimer when you log in mate, They don't guarantee any play time in the head start.

I have been in plenty of beta's and launches of games since the beginning of MMO's.

This isn't that abnormal.

The first month or two are always rough and annoying.

Come back in a month or so....crying and complaining does nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
1596 of 1926
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
The hell game are you playing, when I am at 1599 of 1899 now?
I am logging in from europe. Right now its 377 of 684.

This must be broken!
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman View Post
till now i had no real probs with getting disconnected every 30-50 min but THIS is a huge audacity!
there is no problem with a little fault in the calculation that resulted in not enough server power - we know it now and cryptic has deseved a chance to change it asap. but reducing the serverload by simply keeping people away from the game per queue cant be a solution for ANYTING. better let the server crash twice a day than this...
LOL lets try crashed three tiems today, 3 times ysterday. In fact didnt have any server issues till they tried to fine tune the server.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
they clearly and repeatedly said there is only one "server" and that there "sharding" system is both the reason theyll be "able" to handle everyone on it and the reason for the massive instancing. they clearly had no idea what they where getting into with the star trek ip. even with there very obviously [as of this moment] unfinished poorly designed and poorly implemented game they have absolutly no ability to handle the amount of people that want to play on there one server. even after there emergency updates in open beta.

there where similar problems in op and a que was actually asked for. The problem isnt haveing a que. hell wow to this day has a que on each server if there to "full" and theres verry little complaint about them. the problem is only haveing one server. thus by haveing a que after x,xxx people are logged on. means that there will ALWAYS be a wait que. unlike with multiple survers where if there is a consistent overload and que your charecter can be transfered to a different server to spread out the load. there is absolutly nothing that can be down to make a que period resonably short other then forciably kicking people or abandoning the one server shard system. just like so many other parts of this game. this is just one more sign that the devolopers have no clue what there doing at best and are blatently trying to steal customers money with many cash up front schemes and an extremly substandard game at worst.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell
I am logging in from europe. Right now its 377 of 684.

This must be broken!
If it's not, that confirms you guys are connecting via different (geographical?) systems than we are here in the US. I'm coming from the West Coast, US.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
Actually, this makes zero sense. Why would they limit this today, rather than test all the gear this weekend when they have a nearly free pass compared to Tuesday?

1600 of 1807. The queue is very quickly getting very out of control.
right now 810 / 1978

ill go clean the garage and lets see if i can finish before i get logged in.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAlpha1
Looks like just another typical MMO launch to me......If your a true and experienced gamer then you know this to be true.
Sure its a pain that we can't be playing. Nobody likes sitting in a Que!

But this is just the beginning to a ton of server downs and ques.

Get used to it or quit now...And I'll take you lifetime membership from you if you don't want it or don;t want to wait in the Que to get your money back!

I have been in more beta's than I can remember starting with eve online, and I dont recall any of them having this issue before. They had other issues, like crashes, graphic problems, bugs, etc. this is my first one with lack of planning for occupancy of servers.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
I made it into the game.

I am speechless!