Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaivierCross View Post
WE DO NOT PAY TO WAIT!!!!! DAMNIT!!!
Que is fine, L2 Patience.
Lt. Commander
That would be the solution if there were a throughput issue, but we are seeing a capacity issue; segregating users by geopgraphy all but guaranteees that the server in the region where the locals are asleep will be severely under-utilized. This solution is inefficient and fails to provide the much-needed failover .

Now, more hardware and a distributed architecture with load-balancing, I'm down with.

Hey - I'm allowed to actually PLAY now!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afalin View Post
this is insane. they didnt even PLAN to have at least THREE servers????
that's what i was wondering. it surprised me that there's just one server. the first thing i thought was "are we in for the longest queue ever when it opens?" voila! it has happened. did this seriously not occur to them?
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaivierCross View Post
WE DO NOT PAY TO WAIT!!!!! DAMNIT!!!
Someone going to get banned, no profanity
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
only took me 3min to get in roar
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orfindel View Post
RAGE RAGE RAGE They already have enough lifetimer $$$$ in their pocket for all of cryptic to go to Hawaii and laugh at everyone waiting in the q......who will most likely STILL be waiting on their return
ROFL, That made my day !
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnek75 View Post
that's what i was wondering. it surprised me that there's just one server. the first thing i thought was "are we in for the longest queue ever when it opens?" voila! it has happened. did this seriously not occur to them?
Are you serious about the one server? Wow....
Lt. Commander
I also recieved the same queue location as when I first tried to log in an hour ago after being disconnected while changing instances in a multi instanced mission.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Looks like I will have plenty of time today to try the Star Gate Resistance stress test today, or maby even load and play my Mass Effect 2 that came in the mail yesterday.....Hmmm Decisions decisions...
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydous View Post
You guys are both dumb . Launches for EVERY MMO are like this at start. Stop making WOW your standard that has had 6 years to fix these issues. If you want a more stable game and no queues come back in 2 months. At wow release i was on Archimonde and that server went down for 3 days at launch.
You're such a joke dude. I bet in RL people can walk over you and you won't do jack ****