Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
i was up at 954...then i dropped to 84 very quickly. I have now been sitting at 84 for 20 minutes.

cant wait till the 2nd
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I see this as a good thing. It means the game isn't even released officially and their servers are already maxed out and then some. This game is looking really good as far as success and player base.

Rest assured Cryptic will add more servers and upgrade hardware
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredgiese View Post
I see this as a good thing. It means the game isn't even released officially and their servers are already maxed out and then some. This game is looking really good as far as success and player base.

Are you one of their employees? Have you been paid to try and make a positive out of a huge negative? :p

But seriously I think its outrageous people have to wait to play a game they are continualy paying for. As someone has stated in another similar thread, people pay them to make sure things like this dont happen. I understand it means the game will be popular and yes thats good (only until SWTOR comes out. Watch it dwindle then :/).

Fact is unless the server is taken down for maintenance there shoudlnt be any reason as to why we cannot play.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredgiese View Post
there is a confident response.. i hope you're right
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
I dont suppose we will get an answer from a cryptic representativ in here will we?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonster
The problem is that MMO populations are (usually) the highest they'll ever be at launch. Meaning if you buy enough servers to comfortably fit all the launch players, in 3-6 months those servers will be idle and will have been wasted money. So to be efficient, you try to get juuuust enough launch servers. Which is hard to do, so you throw in a queue to lighten the load.

It sounds lame and there will be (misguided) cries of 'oo if you had enough servers, you wouldn't lose players' but ... that's how it works. In a month it won't be an issue.
I totally agree, but what of the poor little lifers - Cryptic know exactly how many of them to cater for - lets face it - I did not buy lifer to give it up after a month. I love the game when it works BTW.