Lt. Commander
Well, the game has not been released, and we already have a waiting list to play? This cant be true... I see over the downtimes, that happens if a brand new game is online, especially with that much folks in it. But now there is a queue, I'm angry about that, to tell you the truth. Get rid of that, we want to play!

I think Cryptic never thought that STO will be played by that lot of ppl.

EDIT: After is was disconnected and sitting in queue again, all I say is:

http://craigswinejourney.files.wordp...8/facepalm.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
At the rate this queue is letting people in, I won't get into the game until Tuesday.

This is the last game I buy from Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Multi servers are needed.

Seperate more players and seperate the zone chats.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
And again Queue cuz of the damn lags. Its crap.
Lt. Commander
# 5 On the plus side...
01-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, at least it's solved my question of whether or not to get a 1 year or lifetime subscription. Half of us will be tired of this in the fist month and never subscribe at this rate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Cryptic bit off more than they can chew as far as subscribers. This makes me fondly remember earlier threads where a certain naysayer said the ST fan base was too small and that STO would be made up of only a small fraction of vocal fans.

That being said, they need to consider retooling this MMO for multiple servers or get the technology in place to run a massive single shard. If they can invest quickly and heavily enough right now, they may have a hit on their hands so they wont have to end up selling STO to a developer better prepared for a large subscriber base.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm zoning out of a battleground and DING, disconnected from server,...well, happens like 10 times during one playsession, nothing unusual here ........ and soon afterwards a little surprise for me, a queue, huh? ....you are number 1562 out of 1562 wtf?!
LOL, wow, Cryptic, if that's your solution to keep the servers online, I have to tell you guys, this isn't going to work. I'll try to be reasonable, really, I try very hard, but I can't help, it's like a boiling kettle, .... this game is CRAP, CRAAAAAAAAAAAP, phew, ahhh, feeling better now
I have never seen such sloppy performance in a soon to be released game before, servers crashing like 5 times a day, downtime without end, no comments from cryptic
One can only imagine what'll happen when the games goes gold and thousands of players try to log in, where will I be, hmmm, let me guess - you are 11987624364 out of 11987624364 - every time i try to zone?!

good job guys, when you think you have seen it all, guys like you are often good for surprises, wow, really, I suggest you write a book, like "How to ruin a great gameidea with sloppy programming" you must have all the needed infos by now

good night - going to sleep, no sense waiting in a damned queue