Lt. Commander
# 51 What's a horta?
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
So, I've never been a fan of TOS, so I had to look up what a horta is. Those cryptic guys must be pretty darn creative if they can figure out how to make this a playable species.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm very pleased about being able to customize my bridge crew. In Bridge Commander, I liked the interaction among the crew, but it didn't have a truly personal feel to it. This choice will really make the game a great expirience.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hello, I'm quite sure this is the wrong forum in which to ask this question, but here it goes anyway. Will Star Trek Online be compatible for Macintosh users upon launch? I am sorry, I was just having a bit of trouble navigating to the correct forum or thread, I would appreciate any help you give me. Thanks.
No it will not be compatible with mac upon launch.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanx for more info looks like it's going to be a beauty
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I know in the last episode of TNG... In the future of Star Fleet, some ships like the Enterprise had the ability to cloak... So, my question is... In this future of Star Fleet, will the Federation have cloaking ships of their own; like in the show? thanks
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
That's what I thought, although I wanted to be sure - I don't like the idea of people controlling their own NPC fleets.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait (and how much more money will need to be spent ) before the Romulans become totally playable? They've always been under used IMO and I wouldn't want to have to start all over again having begun in Starfleet because they weren't available... I still can't wait for this game though
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
looking good.

Thx for the updates guys, keep feeding us the good stuff and you'll have happy trekkies..

as for the customisable uniforms, i hope they will remain within the star trek genre of uniforms and not stray too far out *into deep space* with the customization....

but as i caution my fleet mates, kets just wait and see before we make any FIRM decisions.

once again thanks for the updates.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Alice View Post
I would think they mean for us to only have one ship at a time and it is merely an easily mis understanded quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayradyss View Post
RE: Multiple ships -- the way I read that, they said you can learn the skills needed to captain multiple types of ships. Not that you can actually have more than one ship at a given time. It's not really that specific, but I wouldn't go getting all worried about it, or get any specific expectations of having a garage of ships, either way.
I hope your both right. There's very little that would be game breaking for me when it comes to Star Trek, but this issue would be one of them. I'm a big fan of the whole Star Trek universe and with the exception of Enterprise there isn't a series that i haven't enjoyed. I know that STO will be a business entity first and for most, i mean lets face it, their making this game to make money, but having a flavor of the week ship would really just push it over the edge for me. Its already bad enough that there will be thousands of starships (vessels that take years and years to design and build with entire cultures scraping resources together to be able to build them) flying around space, but to then top it off with everyone having multile star ships. ::shudders:: I can already see the outside of earth space dock now. "BUMPER CARS IN SPACE" <---disclaimer, sarcasm detected--
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to play the Romulans too. But I'll be fine for a bit if i can have romulans in my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
guys i really think he was jokeing about the Horta being playable.