Lt. Commander
It would seem that Cryptic should have extended open beta. I did not play in closed beta, I joined on the first day of OB. I played the game and reported bugs I found. I was getting frustrated with 2 hour+ waits to get into Sol and had about decided to quit and wait till the gane was live to subscribe. Then they did the last big patch that got rid of the beta UI and added the live UI. They also fixed the problem loading into Sol. I really love this game it has great graphics and the people seem decent to play with. I signed up for the lifetime membership. Then they did the emergency patch on the 29th to refix the melee attack bug.

I don't know what else they did but they broke Sol for a large number of us again so that it takes hours to "WARP" in. They still havn't fixed the follow bug when entering combat. And now a que line that I keep getting disconnected from every 3 or 4 min. I guess I will never see the inside of this game again.

I have beta tested many different MMO's and a major part of them is at some point is Stress testing the servers, was this not done in this game. They know how many preorders they sold, they should have used that number to determine how many server arrays were needed to start and added more from there.

I think this is a great game that is going to eventually fail due to poor hardware and equipment support managment. Everyone says that our preplay time dosn't really count as far as what to expect at release. That is ********. If they had not added the preplay time essencially a stress test, this game would have failed misreably out of the box on Tuesdays launch as all the problems we are encountering now would have shown up then and been worsened by all the new comers who will join when they go buy the game on release day.

Roll the game back to the last big patch in Beta, take some of the millions you got from the lifetime and 1 yr memberships and buy more servers. I really don't see this game lasting if this is the way it is going to be live. I realise launches have problems, but if you are experencing this amount of problems prelaunch, Tuesday is bound to be a disaster.

Us lifetime members are stuck and we have been playing long enough to see the great potential this game has. In reality though how many people do you tthink will walk away from this game next week without haveing ever played it. Think about this. new customer buys the game on Tuesday, They get home install the game wait for it to patch and go to log on. BAM you are 874 of 873 ( my last que number ). OK so maby they are a little disapointed the have to wait to get in game. But they are also glad as it must be a really good game if so many people want to play at once. So they go get a drink maby listen to some music and watch the que numbers changing. Then they notice that while the total in que is getting larger they aren't any closer, and again BAM they are booted back to the login screen to start all over. Now remember their only investment in the game so far is the price of the box. they also have no emotional investment in the game yet.

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THESE NEW CUSTOMERS WILL STICK AROUND FOR THAT? YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION

for me maby some day I will be able to get back in game, but it dosn't look like it will be any time soon, unless they manage to fix the Que drop problem. then i can continue to wait to warp into SOL, but at least I will be in game.

Just my 2 cents worth for what it is worth,
Jim
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Be happy...I just tried to log in...I'm 1202 out of 1202...
Lt. Commander
# 3 well said
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Quite a bit of what you said is right.

The quicker it can be sorted, the more player numbers are kept.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
/signed. I agree
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
extended the beta why? The game is not going to be any more finished at this point regardless of what release tag you give it. Shut up QQ and play with what you have or get out of the queue for those that are happy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Well said. I feel bad for the people in cryptic who know exactly this yet don't have the powers to put the fixes into place.

We all want this game to succeed, obviously, we're playing it.

An investment now is better in the long run for all of us. Players, devs, newcomers, etc.

Please fix this before launch so subscribers can be retained.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
I agree with ya all the way... waiting for 30 mins only to get kicked outta the Q and have to start all over is insane. Sort it out Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Bye. Hope you enjoyed the little time you did get to play.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
/Agree on the lack of hardware for this game....