Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm afraid, this game is falling short, and fast. Before you leap on me saying 'bye' or 'one less person in the queue', I will not be leaving, not just yet anyway.

Basically, these in my mind, are the main faults with the game, now I mean, bugs, yeah they still let you play the game, and bits of mistakes, still might get up your shirt, but still, it's playable, yes?

However, if you can't get on the game... It becomes somewhat annoying, disheartening, and needless to say, unplayable. Now yeah, it's only just launched, but here are a few things in my mind that count against Cryptic here;
1) We had Closed Beta, and Open Beta, did we not?
2) I'm sure this isn't their first game, nor is it the first MMO to be made, so surely, could they not have learnt their lesson?
3) They knew how many preorders they had, and knew how many keys where redeemed, so with Open Beta over, they know full well of the demand...

So, the main problems? Well, the downtime for one... Or should I complain about the unexpected uptime? So far, just over 48 hours in, whilst I have been playing, we had an hour 40 minutes in, a brief downtime a few hours later, and then a big 3 hour whammy of it at around 8PM GMT, I think. And once more earlier, MORE downtime, I believe there was another whilst I wasn't on, too.

So, I decided that I kinda give up... So, went and had some time out, come back and I am hit with a queue... As I was after the 3 hour whammy last night... Now sorry, but this is a little unacceptable, we're paying customers now (even with it being a bonus, it was part of the purchase, and part of the terms of sale).

Now personally, 1 hour downtime a day? Sure, even if it's in my playing time, but once every 8 hours or so, 'enexpectedly', sorry, no, not acceptable.

Now, I'm not spitting out my dummy and saying 'I quit blah blah', but I am merely stating my disappointment, and maybe we can discuss how people personally feel?

Oh, and this isn't my first MMO, I mean I don't play on lots of them, but a fair few, none of which have ever had this much downtime... One, I have never had downtime, apart from 5 minutes every week or so for updates...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Although, when getting on, it's a pretty good game. I thought I should add that, I can't take that away from it .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
I blame Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I have to admit, I think Atari could have a major part in this mishap, they're the ones who pushed I think.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Taking ages to load now :/
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Uppity upp
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Over 40min in que and still waiting. I am begging you cryptic please stop using the one huge instance and open up multiple world servers for us to choose from. This way it should alleviate the log in waiting and allow us to build a community right the zone chats are filled with hostility and little or no options for carrying out any decent conversations with so many trolls looking to start fights for their sick amusements.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, there are a few too many trolls... With all of the money this game could bring, investing in a few extra servers can't be that big of a blow... As it is, people will walk away sadly :/.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1g_Dav3 View Post
Yeah, there are a few too many trolls... With all of the money this game could bring, investing in a few extra servers can't be that big of a blow... As it is, people will walk away sadly :/.
Not to mention how much feedback generated by MMO's is word of mouth. This game could get a bad reputation before it's even had a chance to get going. Vanguard was dealt a similar blow at it's launch from which it never recovered, but then that was a buggy mess.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I feel that the only thing keeping some people here, is it's Star Trek, if it was something else, this would be going already I think :/. I just hope they manage to sort it before they have too many people loose interest...