Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
I can live with a queue at times, however what i dislike is been disconnected by the server only to then sit in a queue for hours on end.

Whats worse I was in the middle of a mission, which I will no doubt need to do all over again :|

And this games is going on public release on tuesday?

And before the "this sort of thing happens all the time with new mmo's", yes so don't you think you should plan for demand and make sure you learn from others failings or mistakes.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
The problem with a queue is that it takes time away from playing the game.

I don't have too much time to play anything these days, and if I have to wait 10 minutes to get in and I only have an hour to play that leaves 50 minutes. Not too much time to do much.

An open Beta is supposed to be a load test on the servers, as well as find bugs that wasn't caught in Alpha or Closed Beta, and open beta was smooth.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
I think the fact that Cryptic have already had 2 MMOs and are struggling to launch this one nicely is quite embarracing. Not for me of course but it would send messages of incompetance and whatnot. I guess no matter how many toys we all throw around we wont get anywhere no matter how annoying it is.

I have gone from 375 to 369 in 30 minutes... Hopefully ill be able to get a bit of playing done tomorrow before I have to come off my annual leave
I understand what you are saying, these problems are possibly unavoidable, but communication is the key, it might mean the general whiners will whine but as long as we know what to expect, the majority of us Im sure will understand although it may be something we might not want to hear.

Things I would like to know are

Is this queue system a permanent thing?

If so, is the server capacity going to increase?

Are these problems that are occurring going to be resolved? Im no programmer but it seems to display the same symptoms every time the server goes down.

Are the servers going to handle the extra traffic come release date?

If so , How?

Im not here to whine and moan, Id rather be playing STO , SMOOTHLY.

I would urge anyone else who has questions like this to express them, with the hope they might get answered.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Game Purchase $50+

Subscription $15

Item Mall $?

Waiting in Queue = BULLSH*T

And before the replys about this is just headstart not release and you aren't getting billed yet start rolling in just know that I don't care. The point is everyone has put out at least $50 at this point and should not have to wait in line to play.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Okay I am willing to forgive the server crashes and all. I bought a lifetime sub to the game thinking eventually Cryptic will get it all worked out and we would be having a blast.

But this waiting in line stuff really has to go. Please tell me this is just temporary until they can go buy a couple more servers. If this is actually how Cryptic plans on leaving things then I don't even know what to say.

So dissapointed right now.

I started out 1851 of 1851....

After 20 minutes of waiting I am at:

1096 of 1997

Are you kidding me?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicomb View Post
I can live with a queue at times, however what i dislike is been disconnected by the server only to then sit in a queue for hours on end.

Whats worse I was in the middle of a mission, which I will no doubt need to do all over again :|

And this games is going on public release on tuesday?

And before the "this sort of thing happens all the time with new mmo's", yes so don't you think you should plan for demand and make sure you learn from others failings or mistakes.
They did plan for demand, Cryptic has said several times since these server overload issues have started that they used their prior MMO experience to guesstimate they number of players they would have. They anticipated that out of all the keys they sent out, only a certain % would actually be redeemed (they never told us that % I don't think) and turn into playing accounts.

For STO, their numbers were WAY off.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Cryptic, you fail...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrik_Elektrik View Post
It works but it is damn long to load each level... :-(
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
This is the most stupid thing I've ever seen. After paying for a lift time sub of 154 I am expected to queue..?
Seriously Cryptic sort this out before it becomes a major issue!!!!