Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaee View Post
I'm really HOPING that a login queue is a temporary emergency fix to overloaded servers. While I don't necessarily agree with the logic, I can see the logic behind, for example, 5000 active users with fewer server stability issues being a better choice than unlimited users with excessive server stability issues. Of course the ultimate solution is to increaser server capacity, but I can easily see that not being able to be done over a weekend due to manpower issues and delivery schedules from vendors. Of course it sure seems as if Cryptic drastically underestimated how much server horsepower they'd need. I'm beginning to think the hamster powering their servers has been eaten by a tribble.

BTW,

2:17 PM PST - 603/1192
2:20 PM PST - ok, I'm now in the game in Regulus sector space. Apparently, the numbering on the login queue is screwed, but the queue itself is moving much faster.
I would imagine they provisioned additional staff on such a significant product launch weekend and you would have expected they would have some redundant hardware to increase capacity, most IT service providers have a IT store with kit in it, especially on a weekend release they scheduled and implemented. 266/765.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Woot my wait list keeps going higher and keep moving back ummmm..I think I see an error
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
The servers are so laggy atm that I got disconnected while IN THE QUEUE so I have to reconnect

I started at 248 out of 415

Im now 561 out of 717

Im effectively moving BACKWARDS through the queue.

I was willing to put up with alot during beta (remember when people used to get payed to test, rather than pay for the privilage of testing )

This is not on however
Lt. Commander
# 64 que
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
at least you alll can see the que I cant even see on pop up it just tells me server is full
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlanoDcM View Post
The servers are so laggy atm that I got disconnected while IN THE QUEUE so I have to reconnect

I started at 248 out of 415

Im now 561 out of 717

Im effectively moving BACKWARDS through the queue.

I was willing to put up with alot during beta (remember when people used to get payed to test, rather than pay for the privilage of testing )

This is not on however
Glad I am not the only one moving backwards on the wait list....BTW Cryptic if you going to have a waiting que..might want to think about putting your lifetime members ahead of the pack since we did shell out $239 plus game costs
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
WTF! queuing for 30 min, then "SERVER NOT RESPONDING"!?! are you kidding me?
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm glad i'm a lifer, as i would not be paying monthly to be waiting in a queue.

Regardless of this, i'm still peeved that there are queues! Like c'mon!

Put some more servers on dude!
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
They do need to fix some of the issues brought up, however. To be loading into another zone, get "Server Not Responding" and then to be booted out into a queue is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah..... I really hope the server is going to be updated to allow more players at once or alot of people are going to be waiting on launch day. Eve has some 40k players playing on one server (atleast that was the number at the bottom of the screen) I figure the same could be said for this game at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-31-2010, 03:31 PM
I doubt it will be a problem shortly after launch. The reviews will be poor, subscriptuons will be cancelled and the lines will vanish. I fully expect a few damning reviews to be published next week.