Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
More Server's or this will = FAIL !.

Holly smokes you are position 125 out of 310 and growing !.
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNUSMC View Post
Glad I am not the only one moving backwards on the wait list....BTW Cryptic if you going to have a waiting que..might want to think about putting your lifetime members ahead of the pack since we did shell out $239 plus game costs
That makes no sense what so ever, so what you shelled out 239 dollars up front, they're gonna lose money on you in the long run provided the games runs for more than 17 months. GOOD game now stfu about life time subs the rest of us who can't shell out that at this time due to RL circumstances are the ones that are gonna get screwed each month for this.
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
479 in line for the Queue so far !.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
500 Even now !.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Simple fact: If this happens on tuesday, a lot of customers will never pay a single additional month of subscription. A MMO that ist offline lots of time and then queues you at the end of +1500 players in front of you, will fail.

And people just stop with "all mmo-releases were bad" and "WOW also had queue".. WOW was one of the first MMORPG's for the masses (not just for some rpg-geeks). They had their problems yes, but this was years ago and since then, the companies designing a MMO should know what problems can occur.

I'm not pi**ed about Cryptic, because I think this is Ataris failure. Atari, ******nit, get some money into this game, so that the developers can fix the issues and get the hardware they need.

EDIT: Also the sentence "they are overwhelmed by the amount of players".. ********. There are ONLY preorder customers so far. It can't be so hard to look at the sold preorder copies and count them up to have an info about the estimated players in total. This is just badly prepared, nothing else. Just stop with these lame excuses.

I really hope all the annoying stuff is fixed until tuesday, because I want this game to succeed.
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
lol waited in line for an hour and now the server's down
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
If the queue system makes me wait too long regularly, it will become a deal breaker for me. I didn't pay for a game to wait in line to play.
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrik_Elektrik View Post
Really, this is not acceptable. I can understand the downtimes because this is technical and contingency matters. But queuing people who pay to play is simply NOT tolerable. Just rent servers if you don't want to invest on platforms that will be useless after several months. People pay a membership so you have the money to do it.
Why would they be useless after several months? Having extra server space is absolutely mandatory for a smooth MMO operation.
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrik_Elektrik View Post
Really, this is not acceptable. I can understand the downtimes because this is technical and contingency matters. But queuing people who pay to play is simply NOT tolerable. Just rent servers if you don't want to invest on platforms that will be useless after several months. People pay a membership so you have the money to do it.
^^^ Pretty much sums up my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
They did plan for demand, Cryptic has said several times since these server overload issues have started that they used their prior MMO experience to guesstimate they number of players they would have. They anticipated that out of all the keys they sent out, only a certain % would actually be redeemed (they never told us that % I don't think) and turn into playing accounts.

For STO, their numbers were WAY off.

from what we are seeing, my guess, and it's only MY GUESS, the expected load on the game vs what we're seeing is three times the expected. that's the max load. when we're not running at a peak time, the game runs very well. that's just showing that it's a load issue, and that can be handled. it's just not going to happen on a Sunday, it may not happen by release day (two days from now.) but it'll get taken care of. Failure is not an option.