Lt. Commander
# 1 Just chill ppl...
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Yes, we all did pay $$$ for the head start, but if you've played any head starts before, this sort of stuff is to be expected - WoW, SWG, etc - they all had their share of bugs. Its inevitable that Cryptic will eventually put more servers up, or increase the capacity. So just relax everyone maybe you'll get online, maybe not right away, but this stuff will get sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
I think the issue is with the one server only for a game of this magnitude.

Seems silly to only have one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofyter View Post
Yes, we all did pay $$$ for the head start, but if you've played any head starts before, this sort of stuff is to be expected - WoW, SWG, etc - they all had their share of bugs. Its inevitable that Cryptic will eventually put more servers up, or increase the capacity. So just relax everyone maybe you'll get online, maybe not right away, but this stuff will get sorted out.
so. i get a refund for the headstart i didn't get?

Chill.. CHILL?

If someone sells you an aple and then gives you horse manure, you're chilling too? Perhaps even have a bite?

All out complaints are valid and its a VERY bad sign for cryptic to not be doing some appeasement.
They are doing everything humanly possible to mess up this game it seems. One would assume they'd take extra care with a potential moneyprinting license like star trek.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
First off WoW did not have a head start, they went from OB to launch. And not all MMOs who did have a head start had a queue in head start.

Can't you just imagine what it is going to be like on Tuesday?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Some of us are out $300 between the game and the lifetime subscription so I think we have every right to be annoyed at this considering its something that should of been worked out before headstart and retail launch.

Infact my queue right now seems to be stuck at 299 of 705 and its not counting down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
People need to be realistic. Preorders cost $5 many people cancel these and therefore cryptic has no way of knowing the size of there playerbase till after the 2nd. So why would they spend mass amounts of money on xtra servers potentially killing there profit.

People need to calm down and get a clue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Making a thread like this is just going to inflame things. Best to report the trolls, spam and flamers and move along.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
They are doing everything humanly possible to mess up this game it seems. One would assume they'd take extra care with a potential moneyprinting license like star trek.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lord knows the guys at Cryptic want this game fail. I think I heard them talking about it while they were playing with their light sabers and Luke SkyWalker dolls.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Games evolve and get better, Not stay with the same old crap.
we're in headstart to get out of the starter areas for the influx of launch day players, can't see that happening and the starter zones are going to be more crowded than ever
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
This is nothing out of the ordinary for an MMO launch...and the game's up far more than most people make it seem. There are more than 1 server as well, it's just all one persistent world. There's a whole server farm driving this and they're adding many more machines to it.