Commander
# 11 Harumph!
12-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Looks like I'm gonna need even more inventory space than I originally thought.
Ensign
# 12
12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Use other/old ships for storing ship gear/items.

Heavyguard
Captain
# 13
12-05-2013, 10:50 PM
If borg have a passive resistance to plasma, it must be a weak one because my plasma weapons burn thru them with a quickness without noticing any real damage changes. Now borg due have an active resistance to weapons that they make use of, but it normally only lasts for 12secs.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Commander
# 14
12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
If you ever get the chance at one, swap out your regualr Polaron wepaon for a Protonic Polaron.

Im not sure if there only acquired there Voth boxes and I just got lucky getting one, but im sure you can get one from the exchange too. probably not cheap though.

I got mine a few days after season 8, and will be keeping for a long time to come.
It really is a great weapon.

DeepSpace 9 Federation Operative

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
Captain
# 15
12-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
If borg have a passive resistance to plasma, it must be a weak one because my plasma weapons burn thru them with a quickness without noticing any real damage changes. Now borg due have an active resistance to weapons that they make use of, but it normally only lasts for 12secs.
I think i asked the same question a long time ago about plasma vs borg and the answer given to me is that borg use plasma weapons but their plasma resist isnt any stronger then their other resists. At the time i knew that plasma weapons were bad for something and but i didnt know exactly what. That was when they also told me that you didnt want to use plasma weapons in PVP because at the time people would gear up their resists to counter borg weapons which were all plasma. So if people were using their assimilated shields or omega or maco which had % reduced plasma damage and they also had their borg fighting resist consoles on, then attacking them with plasma weapons would be a bad idea.

Of course things are a bit different nowadays since there is a wider choice of gear to choose from.
Commander
# 16
12-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyguardx View Post
Use other/old ships for storing ship gear/items.

Heavyguard
I do.
But I can ALWAYS use more space, lol.
Career Officer
# 17
12-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebush View Post
If you ever get the chance at one, swap out your regualr Polaron wepaon for a Protonic Polaron.

Im not sure if there only acquired there Voth boxes and I just got lucky getting one, but im sure you can get one from the exchange too. probably not cheap though.

I got mine a few days after season 8, and will be keeping for a long time to come.
It really is a great weapon.

DeepSpace 9 Federation Operative
These only come either from the boxes you get when starting a Dyson Rep Project or once you get Tier IV Dyson Rep the Very Rares unlock in the store. That aside, they look interesting and so far the ones I have used from the boxes, which are mostly blues, rock the Voth pretty hard. I am sure they will work well against any opponent though.

I have a feeling that the Protonic Polaron weapons with the Experimental Proton Weapon, Grav Photon Torp and Console will be deadly.
VA Janin Delwynn - Fed Tac Officer
VA Dion - Romulan Engineer Officer
VA Zophie Delwynn - Fed Science Officer
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Not sure where you're getting 5% chance to proc, divided by 2 for 2 procs. It's 2.5%, any flavor every shot regardless of how many procs. Did I just rap? The only thing you're giving up, is a modifier. It's not cutting your chances from proc'ing in half. At least that's my understanding.

Anyway...

My Sci, in a Chel Grett, uses phased polarons with flow caps and plasmonic leech. He's lethal in PvE. Stuff just stops and dies. It allows me to fly a decent dmg dealing ship and still play my role as sci by debuffing and draining. And personally I dislike the idea of constantly changing weapons, or ships for that matter. But yes, some weapon types will be more effective in different circumstances, but really... In PvE... It's negligible. Romulan Plasma is going to be the best in terms of dmg, it has the best dual procs.. But it all boils down to your build, style, and what makes you happy. Just stay away from Tetryon and you'll be ok. ;-)
Delirium Tremens
XO of Training
Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
Join us at www.dtfleet.com
Captain
# 19
12-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Protonic polarons [Acc]x2, and add in at least 4 of those targeting consoles with the [Pol] modifier.
Captain
# 20
12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtolomus View Post
I do.
But I can ALWAYS use more space, lol.
Get more storage Cruisers/Battlecruisers, they have more Weapon and Device slots than other ship types. It's a small increase, but hey, it helps a tad

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I do not like Geko ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.