Lt. Commander
Server issues all the way up to hours before release, scrambling and fixing to stabalize servers.

If they get it stable by tommorow it will be a great achievement.

Although from some posts I have seen, I think some of the former IT people got a pentalty for the difficult hurdles they did not foresee.

I really hope it is an over capacity issue, and not an inability to reach planned capacity.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I will personally fly to Cali, go to cryptic HQ and take the entire staff for this project to dinner at the place of their choosing if this magical transformation occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I gave STO underdog status. I wasn't expecting much from the media stuff released, short release time from license aqquisition, and I was unimpressed with Champions Online. Also, a felt rush product because Atari wants a year free of Star Wars: O-Republic.

I did find it funny during open Beta that cryptic wasn't expecting such a high turnout for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree I hope they have so many subs they dont know wth to do and the CBS / Atari / Cryptic poeple are in some room going "O **** get Xyz on the phone and get some equipment down there!"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
well i have to say the server has been up as far as i'm aware over 12hrs
before this happend so they are doing something right.
But i have noticed that trying to start missions are causing alot of problems
loading up. keeps saying server not responding,
plus on the explore missions when you get to a marker it says maps not reponding or deleted.

May be this could be the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgrissom View Post
I agree I hope they have so many subs they dont know wth to do and the CBS / Atari / Cryptic poeple are in some room going "O **** get Xyz on the phone and get some equipment down there!"
Yup, and if they're playing catch-up because there's more interest than they expected... that's a good problem. I'm glad they have that problem. Even if some anal-retentive whiners cancel and go away, it's a good chance they'll still have exceeded expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMerc
Seriously, only pre-orders are playing and being able to stay up for 12 hours straight is good? I wish I worked for you guys, in the real-world server uptime is expected in the 99% and higher range.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMerc
But i have noticed that trying to start missions are causing alot of problems
loading up. keeps saying server not responding,
plus on the explore missions when you get to a marker it says maps not reponding or deleted.

May be this could be the problem.
They might be prioritizing so that loading takes longer to not disconnect people in pvp or pve.

Just a guess though, it would seem the loading is a flexable time, and should be lower priority.

I get server not responding on loading also, but never dropped while on that page.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
It Won't be fixed today, or even by the end of the week. Server stability is an ongoing issue, and to be fair, theyre coping very very well. The servers run smooth as hell all day, and there are TONS of players on.

It's when the US guys come on and stress the login servers that the game struggles. But as zinc said in his latest post an hour ago, theyre working on it right now, hence the new patch today.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It Won't be fixed today, or even by the end of the week. Server stability is an ongoing issue, and to be fair, theyre coping very very well. The servers run smooth as hell all day, and there are TONS of players on.

It's when the US guys come on and stress the login servers that the game struggles. But as zinc said in his latest post an hour ago, theyre working on it right now, hence the new patch today.

Its ok with me either way, if they are not stable tommorow, it will be an epic win when they are stable a week from tommorow. Rinse and repeat.