Lt. Commander
Love the Trek but hate to **** away $$$$$ on pre release without reading many reviews.
Is it worth it ????? The clock is ticking!!!!!
Thanks
Mr Pike (retired)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
No

Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
sadly this is the wrong place to ask.

most of the forum posters seem to think they have exclusive rights to the truth and anything that doesnt agree with them is wrong and the poster is mentally deficient. and a few seem to have a deeply rooted hatred for the company who've made this game.. coupled together and you'll see a LOT of anger and venomous responses about the game.

I'm a lifer, i've seen this game since early closed beta and i for one feel its well worth paying a one off fee for a game i've enjoyed a lot since then.

other opinions may vary, but i suspect the majority of the ones you'll see here will say no..

for what its worth, if you enjoy games that are fun, rewarding and dont smack you in the nuts and steal your wallet for dying, dont mind that the zones are instanced to help individual lower end PC's handle the game better and one that doesnt force you to team fully at all times to get things done, you may enjoy this game.

if any of those are a turn off for you, you may not.
Lt. Commander
# 4 No
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Wait until they decide to take away the 1 hour broken que to get in. They fix the crashes that occur basically on a regular basis while entering or exiting a mission. Oh did I mention the the unannounced server crashes that plague the game with >3 hour downtime and little tto no information except be happy we broke our expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Might be worth it in the future but it's not worth it now. If you have faith that the game will improve - get it.