Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
I played for several hours yesterday and had a blast. Little bit of rubber banding, but nothing too bad. When the servers went down I cleaned my room and ate a sandwich and talked to my boyfriend on the phone. Then the servers came back up and I played late into the night till I was too sleepy to go on. This morning, I logged on to do some missions with my boyfriend. We got kicked once, when I logged back in I was in a queue for maybe five minuets, tops, then I was back in, and picked up the mission where I left off. I'm already level 9, despite a very casual play-style, I imagine I'll have my new science vessel by tonight, and I gotta say I'm having a lot of fun.

But that's what worries me. It seems that this fun game is preventing me from experiencing what STO is really all about, which is, obviously, whining on the forums about every little launch week problem I encounter. I come on the forums and see all of you so gleefully venting your spleens at Cryptic and I'm a little jealous. Why don't I have something to complain about? What am I doing wrong? Why am I able to overlook minor inconveniences and have fun with this game?

It's all Cryptic;s fault, obviously.

:p
Are you a "Spiner Femme"?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Are you a "Spiner Femme"?
I dunno, what's a "Spiner Femme?" Does it have something to do with Brett Spiner, aka Data, aka the Pimpest Robot Ever Built?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
I dunno, what's a "Spiner Femme?" Does it have something to do with Brett Spiner, aka Data, aka the Pimpest Robot Ever Built?
Clearly you are not that big a fan, as his name is Brent, not Brett.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrceval View Post
Clearly you are not that big a fan, as his name is Brent, not Brett.
Well see, to me he is just Data and will always be Data. His real name is of little consequence. :p

(But yeah, brainfart. It happens when you work with kids all day.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
"Spiner Femmes" are girls obsessed with Data and his full functionality. The one in the documentary "Trekkies" was pretty awesome, in a bizarre sort of way.

Sorry, just making a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 08:22 PM
This thread is Epic Win! Kudo's to OP!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
"Spiner Femmes" are girls obsessed with Data and his full functionality. The one in the documentary "Trekkies" was pretty awesome, in a bizarre sort of way.

Sorry, just making a joke.
Nah, it's cool. Data's my favorite character and, though I wouldn't say I'm "obsessed" with his full functionality, I will admit to a bit of a crush on him. I've said before on this very forum that I would be that chick in that one TNG episode who wanted him to be her boyfriend.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Nah, it's cool. Data's my favorite character and, though I wouldn't say I'm "obsessed" with his full functionality, I will admit to a bit of a crush on him. I've said before on this very forum that I would be that chick in that one TNG episode who wanted him to be her boyfriend.
She broke his tinman heart!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
She broke his tinman heart!
I'd never do that! He may be unemotional, but he was using up 10% of his massive processing power just thinking about her! If that's not robot love I don't know what is!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I dunno, you seem to have the bump/troll/insult thing down well. You are STO worthy good sir