Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
I'd never do that! He may be unemotional, but he was using up 10% of his massive processing power just thinking about her! If that's not robot love I don't know what is!
Cool. Kudos and Welcome. These forums aren't that bad when the servers are up, by the way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
While I support playing the Devil's advocate, at some point you have to realize they are just as bad as everybody claims they are. They have been so bad since the beginning of the head start that I actually canceled my purchase and I will not be playing. (yeah yeah, you're welcome or whatever blind faith response I will get to that)

Here is the real truth of it;

Nothing will get better without direction. You can either lovingly stroke the egos of people you have never met by insisting that they are doing no wrong when in fact they are... or you can cut to the chase, stop blowing sunshine and roses up backsides, and just call it like you see it.

Sure, you can pretend this game isn't a complete mess but while that means one less person hounding them right now it means lost customers later and everybody on here "whining" is trying to save the game... or they wouldn't be saying anything at all. All of these new players arriving on Tuesday, can you be sure they will feel like you?

Can you be sure that they will be indifferent to server outages, down time, lag, and queue's? For space battles where the most elusive thing I have seen a ship do is turn left? (I almost lost him by the way) For compatibility issues with ATI video cards? Being able to only walk around your bridge then transport out when you are done? (Why doesn't your avatar just sit back in the captains chair when you exit?)

Will they not care about a complete lack of communication from Cryptic other than "we are aware of the issue and are working on it" or draconian control over the forums when things get bad (Down due to high demand? how about closed due to high demand...). It is important that people voice themselves NOW if you want this game to survive... being apathetic and complacent helps NOBODY. Especially not Cryptic.

The people you should be worried about are the ones you never see posting at all... because they are already gone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
I dunno, you seem to have the bump/troll/insult down thing pat. You are STO worthy good sir
Nobody likes you Q, not even your son, Vash, or Janeway!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
The servers are down a lot, but it is launch week and being at work, it's not like I can really play anyway. I got to play for acouple hours before comming into work. Level 7... yay
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Why don't I have something to complain about? What am I doing wrong?
Apparently you do. For an explanation, see this thread that you just posted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Apparently you do. For an explanation, see this thread that you just posted.
For Christ's sake, would you please trim that nasty ear hair?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Hi I have a boyfriend did you guys know that? we talk on the phone all the time and play STO and I have a boyfriend did I mention that?
fixed

10char
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
For Christ's sake, would you please trim that nasty ear hair?
Nope .............................
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
fixed

10char
Yeah that was kind of funny wasnt it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metricsimpleton View Post
While I support playing the Devil's advocate, at some point you have to realize they are just as bad as everybody claims they are. They have been so bad since the beginning of the head start that I actually canceled my purchase and I will not be playing. (yeah yeah, you're welcome or whatever blind faith response I will get to that)

Here is the real truth of it;

Nothing will get better without direction. You can either lovingly stroke the egos of people you have never met by insisting that they are doing no wrong when in fact they are... or you can cut to the chase, stop blowing sunshine and roses up backsides, and just call it like you see it.

Sure, you can pretend this game isn't a complete mess but while that means one less person hounding them right now it means lost customers later and everybody on here "whining" is trying to save the game... or they wouldn't be saying anything at all. All of these new players arriving on Tuesday, can you be sure they will feel like you?

Can you be sure that they will be indifferent to server outages, down time, lag, and queue's? For space battles where the most elusive thing I have seen a ship do is turn left? (I almost lost him by the way) For compatibility issues with ATI video cards? Being able to only walk around your bridge then transport out when you are done? (Why doesn't your avatar just sit back in the captains chair when you exit?)

Will they not care about a complete lack of communication from Cryptic other than "we are aware of the issue and are working on it" or draconian control over the forums when things get bad (Down due to high demand? how about closed due to high demand...). It is important that people voice themselves NOW if you want this game to survive... being apathetic and complacent helps NOBODY. Especially not Cryptic.

The people you should be worried about are the ones you never see posting at all... because they are already gone.
Alrighty then. The point of the post was that, with people complaining about waiting in the queue for hours and getting kicked off every five minuets, I've not really experienced anything nearly so bad. Like I said in the first post, I've been kicked exactly once, and was in a queue for five minuets, and had a couple of hours yesterday in which the servers were down during the time I wanted to play. Not bad for launch week, IMO. I've spent far more time having fun in-game than not. So why should I complain about problems I haven't been having?

Not that I don't feel for those who have been having problems. Not being able to play when it's all you can think about really sucks. I just felt like pointing out, among all the doom and gloom, that I, at least, am having fun in this game, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.