Lt. Commander
# 1 ebgames is worthless
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I preorder didnt get the headstart key in email so I called em up they give me the run around twice claiming i will get it in 24-48 hrs which makes the key almost worthless, the second time they claim i need to be transferred to a diff dept that is only for giving out keys and the guy says the whole dept went home for the day.. why must these people make up such bullcrap?? im ****ed that I cant play the game i paid for and have to wait most likely until the 2nd to even play..
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
anyone know who the dev on here who was giving people headstart keys with proof of purchase?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
They are crap man.
When i was shopping around for a Xbox 360 i had a look in EB.
Tried to sell me a used Xbox elite by telling me it was graphically far superior and had more memory than the normal ones
I gave em the middle finger.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah dunno what I was thinking going with ebgames.. the bonus item i bought it for better be worth it lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISS_Renegade
I gave em the middle finger.
No you didn't.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I have exactly the same problem with the Atari shop, I have bought the game through paypal, but I have received nothing (no head start key no nothing) from Atari, their customer support is ignoring me, I have also opened a ticket with cryptic about this issue but there as well I have not yet had a response for over 7 hours.

I feel scammed in all honesty and I am angry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
the bonus items will be useless if you play the headstart you don't get them till 2nd of feb and from what i hear the ship you get is only good for the first 20 hours of game ect so you will be well by that when you get the ship blah
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabaron
I have exactly the same problem with the Atari shop, I have bought the game through paypal, but I have received nothing (no head start key no nothing) from Atari, their customer support is ignoring me, I have also opened a ticket with cryptic about this issue but there as well I have not yet had a response for over 7 hours.

I feel scammed in all honesty and I am angry.
Get use to it, they have been changing there minds about everything at the last minute... SKILL POINT CAP!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
My local Gamestop is awesome.

Them: "Do you want *insert stupid promotion here*"?
Me: "No thanks."
Them: "'kay, recepit's in the bag. Have fun with *game*!"

Random Mom: "I was thinking of getting Imaginez Babbies for my 12 year old son, what do you think?"
Employee: "Oh **** no, get him this instead *hands her Ninjatown*"

lern2gamestop
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxy
Yeah dunno what I was thinking going with ebgames.. the bonus item i bought it for better be worth it lol.
ebgames = gamestop, yes? ie, you get the connie? cool if you like nostalgia... but I guess it will work out for you. Had you started in the headstart already, you would likely outgrow the ship before you got it on the 2nd.

I would go and cancel it at ebgames. Head to another store, and pre-order there. Ask them if they have the keys in stock.