Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsCK
I bet they get paid a good salary.
Actually, funny story, they don't. Game developer is one of the worst paying jobs out there, relative to the hours, deadlines, and workload.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuris_Proeliator
Actually, funny story, they don't. Game developer is one of the worst paying jobs out there, relative to the hours, deadlines, and workload.
and funnily enough i am at uni studying to be a games programmer knowing full well what im geting my self into, but at least i know to stay away from games forums ha ha!!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedemption View Post
And just a random fact for all those whingers, a games programmer alone can be doing in excess of 100hrs a week during the final phase of a games release and during the first few weeks of a games launch so whilst your sat at home with family, friends or just in your own enviroment complaining and *****ing, just think of the devs who are sat at work during all hours trying to get this game working for you.

So please just shut up
Helmsman: She'll fly apart.
Capt. Hikaru Sulu: Fly her apart then!
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
What i cant tell people to STFU? its not a word , and it means Sit there frownin uma, hardly trolling i mean uma therman does have a big nose so i guess thats not nice, but hardly worth an infraction, so STFU
While that made me laugh, the mods arent going to buy it and have already given other people warnings/infractions for "STFU". So enjoy yours as much as the other people have
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
While that made me laugh, the mods arent going to buy it and have already given other people warnings/infractions for "STFU". So enjoy yours as much as the other people have
well to be honest not being able to post on these forums these days is hardly a penalty lol.

It would be a blessing in disguise.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedemption View Post
And just a random fact for all those whingers, a games programmer alone can be doing in excess of 100hrs a week during the final phase of a games release and during the first few weeks of a games launch so whilst your sat at home with family, friends or just in your own enviroment complaining and *****ing, just think of the devs who are sat at work during all hours trying to get this game working for you.

So please just shut up
-------they are not doing 100+ hrs per week for free and if they are they deserve the complaints ---- if they are devoted enough to be at work pushing out a game to keep their job secure "BRAVO" for them especially in this economy --- there said something nice---- now if cryptic can please just fix the dmn thing so no one can complain anymore that would fix the gripping problem
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdreion
-------they are not doing 100+ hrs per week for free and if they are they deserve the complaints ---- if they are devoted enough to be at work pushing out a game to keep their job secure "BRAVO" for them especially in this economy --- there said something nice---- now if cryptic can please just fix the dmn thing so no one can complain anymore that would fix the gripping problem
with programming and upgrades to servers etc you can impliment a fix but its needs to be tested before it goes live, but hey if you want to make things worse lets just tell cyrptic they can just slap quick fixes on the game so people get there fix of the game before it implodes