Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Queue are great for games with multiple servers giveing players the option to just.. try a less populated server. Somehow the 'sit and wait in the queue' method dosn't seem to have the same luster in a game with exactly -one- shard.

Cryptic is simply too small, understaffed and under funded to handle this IP.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_delta
As a life time sub I think the life timer's should get priority over the standard (sorry to the standard sub) for the sol fact that we have put $240+ the game as well into STO
I agree, although I am bias as after a fantastic morning I forked over the 150 for a lifetime supscription
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_delta
As a life time sub I think the life timer's should get priority over the standard (sorry to the standard sub) for the sol fact that we have put $240+ the game as well into STO
Hmmm, thinking this through here... A lifer represents no more that 240.00 + price of the game...

Standard sum = 15.00/months + price of the game,and the compelling need to keep them playing for as long as possible... Whose interest would you target first, if you were in CRYPTIC's shoes?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqula
Speaking only 1 out of the 4 game servers is running right now
Well whaddya know, an informative post amongst a torrent of QQ.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terror_adagio
This is Star Trek. They should have known it would be popular. Its as popular as Star Wars. Sorry, but they can't plead ignornace because they weren't sure how many people would play. Thats why they did the closed and open betas. They had plenty of time to invest in getting the servers they require. And smart people actually overprepare and have more just in case. And plus, they have experience too with making a MMO. They should know way better than this.
Well, perhaps they free-trailed SWG, Obviously, it is practically deserted.
If this game keeps on going bad, it will end up as SWG did.

DONT RUIN STO!
STO is a GREAT game, but it needs improvements.
PATCH! PATCH! PATCH! PATCH!
Lt. Commander
# 26
The joys of being 2046 out of 2170...Good job guys...GREAT BETA...I MEAN HEAD START...I would expect this from amateur game makers, but the fact Atari even has their name on this game means there should be some quality....Not like your new to the gaming business...You should have had the servers ready to host us all, once you saw the preorder sales doing well add servers, you don't wait until the day before to get around to it.......The game itself is great but your hosting sucks..
Lt. Commander
# 27
Thats why i am here to help
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't think, that the lifetimer's have more rights to get access in the game as every other person, which play. Every person that will play, will pay for the game and monthly fee.

There are people who maybe can't pay this much for a game at one time, me for example. And in this case it wouldn't be fair. And so I have to pay monthly (14Euro) and even if i'm not playing and paying every month. Person like me pay more for the right to play at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
Hmmm, thinking this through here... A lifer represents no more that 240.00 + price of the game...

Standard sum = 15.00/months + price of the game,and the compelling need to keep them playing for as long as possible... Whose interest would you target first, if you were in CRYPTIC's shoes?
Lifetimers as proof that we're willing to spend that much money on something that hasn't even been released yet. Think of us as venture capitalists. Those who insist on only paying per month can cancel anytime, therefore they should be considered unreliable as a source of steady income, not to mention they are either incapable of doing the math to get a lifetime sub to save themselves money in the long run, or *gasp* they don't actually have any intention of sticking around past the first few months anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3aT View Post
w00t i paid 300$ to wait in a login queque like in a Free to play MMO , Nice job CRYPTIC

I got d/c of course, and now i`m 242 of 1154 in line
Sweet, I'm 1339 of 2144. I should be on by the actual launch date.