Lt. Commander
# 1 New Support Ticket Opened
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I have just opened a support ticket due to the pathetic uptime and never ending queue system.

My ticket is as follows

Hey Cryptic, I paid for pre order on digital download purely for the head start and 90% of the time I've tried to play during head start the servers have been offline.

Now I'm sat staring at a "server full you are 1056 in a queue", Ive been in this queue in this place for nearly half an hour.

This is supposed to be an MMO, server full isnt an mmo in my eyes its just an online game an online game thats full...

I'm opening this ticket to ask cryptic exactly what its doing to resolve these stability issues, I have given time and money to be able to play during headstart and I'm not getting what I have paid for, so I would also ask what form of compensation you're planning to offer me and others that feel the same, I ask this question in all seriousness

Also try posting something in your own official forums as to problems and possible solutions you are experiencing (no news in this case isnt good news), even an estimated downtime length would be nice.

I will update this thread when I get a reply...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Ok, good luck with that.

I'm wondering something, though. Star Trek is a pretty popular IP with a very dedicated fan base. I wonder if this MMO didn't present some unique challenges in that they actually had more pre-order/head start subscriptions than they anticipate picking-up on Tuesday. In other words, instead of say 20% pre-orders and 80% on launch day, it's the other way around. The wave we're expecting on Tuesday might not come - we ARE the wave! Just a thought I've been having with the thousands it seems cramming into the game...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilChaos View Post
Ok, good luck with that.

I'm wondering something, though. Star Trek is a pretty popular IP with a very dedicated fan base. I wonder if this MMO didn't present some unique challenges in that they actually had more pre-order/head start subscriptions than they anticipate picking-up on Tuesday. In other words, instead of say 20% pre-orders and 80% on launch day, it's the other way around. The wave we're expecting on Tuesday might not come - we ARE the wave! Just a thought I've been having with the thousands it seems cramming into the game...
Cryptic has a long history of not anticipating. Makes me wonder who is running the show. I mean this isn't their first rodeo so they have had to know what it was going to be like. They have as per their MO kept the status quo by not keeping their client base informed, they have repeated issues with servers that everyone is clamering about. Continued issues with content.. I mean really its almost like the frankenstein movie.. Cryptic is the evil doctor, the game is frankenstein, they put in a heart beat and now the customers...(rioters) are breaking down doors running around with torches and pitchforks just waiting to burn and stab any member of Cryptic. I'm at the point where I am tempted to take out a newspaper add in the NY times and L.A. TImes asking folks to protest and boycott Cryptic... I'm that ****ed off
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
I've been in the same stupid queue for 2 hours, queues aren't working, I keep on getting disconnected. So headstart was basically a waste of time, got to play a total of 2 hours this weekend, most of which was lagged.