Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthmaroo
I just got my money back from steam ... for star trek online...

steams policy is that you can return any pre purchased game before launch date

you only have about 40 hours left to do it, so hurry

this will send them a message to add server capacity ( with there 16 bucks a month they charge)

I am sad this game will not work out, I love star trek and i loved this game
If eveyone that posted nerdrage on the forums actually quit, nobody would play MMOs
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozew
Good good, keep crying and quitting and maybe the userbase will be decent. Thank you quitters!
Stick to fanboy threads please, oh and thank you for two bumps. Actually do us a favor and keep spamming to so we can keep this on front page.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethorp View Post
Not sure about other countries but in the uk anyone who wanted a refund for their lifetime sub could claim under the supply of goods and services act. I'm sure other countries have an equivalent

personally I didn't pay for lifetime sub but was planning to get a 3 month one next week. We'll see
ya US has the same thing. They have until tommorow to get this figured out because I am not waiting for Feb 2nd to make it more complicated for me to cancel the charge on my CC.

Cryptic dont think you have our money yet. We can all still cancel our charges on our credit cards.
Lt. Commander
# 14 calling CC
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
I soon will have 59.99 to buy another game

i now know of 8 people that have gotten money back from steam

mmo are no fun playing by your self, they lack the whole multi player thing if your by your self

I hope the best for those whom stay with the NX- Titanic -B
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I repeat....How do you cancel the order with steam? I'm browsing their site and I cannot find anything.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
bro go to: steam support

then at the top is: ask a question

then go through menu boxes

ask them for refund, it takes them like 24 to handle it
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Honestly this is the closest i have been to cancelling and i have been here since...well just look at my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 02:27 PM
you have to email steam. it is deep in their site for obvious reasons but it is there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Good lord, I thought Star Wars Galaxies players were drama queens but I can't believe all the crying I've seen from people here all because the LAUNCH of an MMO (which is still technically a couple of days away) was not as smooth as glass.

On the up side, at least these people will be gone and we won't have to listen to them cry in a few months when the devs decide that something popular is overpowered and nerf it all to hell.

Seriously, kids... it takes a certain degree of mental stability to play an MMO and maybe you guys just aren't cut out for it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny6973 View Post
How do you do this? Is it by phone or web based? I am very interested in this.
I just requested my money back too. Maybe I'll try the game 6 months down the road, but I'm not going to pay for it as it is. You click on support in steam. Up at the very top, you click ask a question. From there you'll be promted to menus. Click on purchased and gifts. Choose what ever method you used to pay for the game. In the text, tell them you want a refund and explain you didn't pay for the excess downtimes and to wait in a que. I would also suggest you're going to probably make another purchase on steam later on. You should get an answer back fast. Steam is pretty good with customer support unlike the developers of this game.