Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
The beta that wasn't. So all you folks who laugh at others that pay for beta invites... how's it feel? Hmm?

Ahh well, at least I got to Lt. Commander this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Well a positive spin is that it has brought back nostalgia. The negative aspect is that the nostalgia is a reminder of dial-up internet! The queueing system!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha. I've just got in after waiting ages in the queueing system. Got to the system screen, selected to continue a mission and the game CRASHED!

This is really poor tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birsealmighty View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha. I've just got in after waiting ages in the queueing system. Got to the system screen, selected to continue a mission and the game CRASHED!

This is really poor tonight!
Just wait till Tuesday. Then the fun really starts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I've been a part of over a dozen MMO launches and no one ever thinks they are ready for prime time... ever. Every forum on every MMO to date, is littered with these exact style of threads.

Nothing new here folks.

In fact a MMO is always a work in progress from the day it's an idea on paper to the day the last server(s) close.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I can only imagine that the developer staff at Cryptic is filled with several of my old English students...the ones who never did anything until the eleventh hour. How many times I would remind them (and suggested during beta) that the game was not ready for prime time.

But, and this is a big but, not ready does not mean not good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Jeronas,

Does the queuing system go from 1173 out of 1173 to 117373 out of 117373 then?

Is that how it gets worse. Do you have to log in before breakfast, go to work, come home and then you will get in?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
i think the only reason this is being forced out early is to avoid going up against star wars the old republic
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
And a bit of advice for the frustrated...

If you can't handle a MMO launch (they are all this way) I suggest leaving and coming back in a few months. Launches can often be frustrating for the less experienced. Why cause yourself unnecessary grief? Give it a few months and come back.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm a recent convert to the "Cryptic should have waited" group, but I'm not entirely sure it's all their fault.

Back when I first discovered Star Trek Online I was under the impression that it was going to start with a single faction, the Federation, just like their other two games (City of Heroes and Champions Online) and that they would add in additional factions down the line.

But the community screamed for Klingons and Cryptic was forced to answer, however, they didn't plan for the additional workload and time needed. So, still trying to meet their planned launch but with a split focus with the new Klingon content, they were unable to polish the game to the desired level.

But that's just my opinion.