Lt. Commander
# 1 Re-play ablitiy concerns ???
01-31-2010, 08:25 AM
HI:

I know I'm going to get blasted for posting this thread. But isn't this the place to post concerns, problems and question about this mmo game.

My basic concern is that the re-play ablitiy of this mmo is very limited at the start.

the totural missions will seams like a pain in the butt. To those who are creating a new character and already have one who'se a captain or higher.

How many of you readers had a character who reach captain or higher during open or closed beta and had to start all over during this headstart.

I think CRYPTIC might need to look into star trek time era placement. Where new or old players can explore time eras areas. {I.E. Enterprise, Voyager, OS,TNG,DS9}.

I know this is going to cause alot more problems for CRYPTIC to try something like this.

But the people at CRYPTIC. Would be very foolish if they didn't take the problem of re-play ablitiy into consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHAOMEGA1500
HI:
the totural missions will seams like a pain in the butt.
You mean: tortural missions a pain in the butt?

Sorry, couldn't resist
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:46 AM
They are not worried about replayability or they would have made a complete game with enough content to be replayed. They are only worried about making the game look good enough to sucker people into paying for the game and the lifetime subs. After that, they don't care cause they already made the money they need to move on to the next "so called" mmo on thier list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levenant
They are not worried about replayability or they would have made a complete game with enough content to be replayed. They are only worried about making the game look good enough to sucker people into paying for the game and the lifetime subs. After that, they don't care cause they already made the money they need to move on to the next "so called" mmo on thier list.
Sure
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Look all mmo's have bugs to be sorted out and sever problems with the mass number of players trying to play all at the same time.

The problem I see coming is creating that 2nd,3rd or 4th character and still do all the intro stuff you have to do to each Lt.CMD. Where all roads are more or less open.

But their has to be plans. In the works to keep this mmo fresh 9 mts or more donw the line.

Otherwise this mmo won't be around say 2-3 years at the most from now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
The latest population count in CO is around 1k players at peak time. Thats one thousand. Do you realize how horrible that is? You think this game will be any different when they are running everything the same exact way? Keep dreaming.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
The latest population count in CO is around 1k players at peak time. Thats one thousand. Do you realize how horrible that is? You think this game will be any different when they are running everything the same exact way? Keep dreaming.
I think it will be different at the start. Already a lot of the more discerning players that can spot a good game from a bad one have left. Eventually only the most hardcore, star trek pijama wearing fanbois will be left trying to live out a fantasy in a grossly sub-standard game. It stands to be another game in Cryptic's track record. I hope I'm wrong but it's getting harder to remain optimistic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
do you expect anyone to believe that only 1k people are playing CO at any given time............
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Sure
Mock him all you want but he's probably not far off. Releasing a so-called MMORPG in as sorry state as this one does not speak to having any sort of going concern. These types of games cannot be sustained with no depth and with no replayability.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kright0n View Post
do you expect anyone to believe that only 1k people are playing CO at any given time............
You believe whatever you like, but that figure has probably dropped even lower in the last week since they released even more bad news. Wait til they tell you that you will have to pay for every little bit of content that is ever released for STO. That is, what little bit will ever make it once they move on to thier next "so called" mmo.