Lt. Commander
# 1 Your Thoughts on Queued..?
01-31-2010, 02:15 PM
well i dont know about you but i think when the other people come in game on the 2nd its going to be hell for all the people that prepayed... If your going to make a game like this you have to know there will be a HUGE out come.. So what to do MAKE A BIG SERVER... Well while your waitng clean your rooms or house run to the store e mail a friend cuss its going to be a lone wait... Whats your thoughts ?......
Lt. Commander
# 2 it sucks
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
what the hell do i have to make an appointment 2 hours ahead of time before i want to play.
i meen really i'm a spur of the moment gamer. damnit all to hell!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking I need to write a program to auto start the launcher and log me into the queue for weekdays. Have it auto run 2 hours before I get off work and maybe I'll be in within 30 min of getting home. The queue is now 1252 of 2032 and growing. I have moved a total of 16 spots in a little over 20 minutes.

This is pretty sad. I had high hopes, but this latest move is pretty bottom barrel in my honest opinion. If they are going to put a queue in at least put a blurb on the website ("Due to unexpected demand our server capacity has been reached. We are working to resolve the issue before launch. Please be aware of long queue times.")

This would only be a bad situation if they'd make an announcement on what's going on. Currently it's a nightmare for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
lol qued 40 mins, 15-20 minutes per load screen :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Was 125 of 6??, minimized it to check forums. Looked back and was 1125 of 1125... They should really look into getting more servers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I'd say 80% of all mmo end up like this because they are never certain just how many people will join the first few months

Suxs , but I'm use to it after all these years
Lt. Commander
Im sure this 'queued' mess will blow over, but I just have to point out what happened to me today:

I'm playing and for some reason the game spazzes and I have to reboot my system.

I log back in, says server is up, but I keep being queued, then almost instantly kicked.

I keep trying, sometimes I sit there and the numbers never move, except to say more people are joining the queue.

Once it fianlly let me in, and then as soon as I began playing the game client crashed and wouldnt let me know. So wow, in order to test any changes to my video card, it takes TWO BLEEPING BLEEPING BLEEPING mother BLEEPING hours to perform one single test of my video card driver.

I am so disgusted you cannot imagine.

Whoever decided to create a queue needs dragged from his cubicle, tarred, feathered, hung, drawn, quartered, filleted and sauteed.

What in the world is Cryptic penalizing its user base because some upper level manager didn't throw resources and manpower at the server problem. The fix is to queue us? Seriously? Did Cryptic hire someone who worked in GM management to run its STO server farm?

I'm flabbergasted.

yeah yeah, I'm all angst and shouldnt be such a grouch since the game hasn't started. Thats besides the point.

My last login attempt said I was in position 381 out of 380. Now how the frak does that make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I am queued at 580-962 as of Sunday evening at 4:40pm cenetral
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
wow 918 - 2247 i exeted by mistake now i have to pay the price .. so i cleaned my house checked the mail came back and only moved one spot this blows.. its onl going to worse in the next cupple of days
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM

It's as simple as that.