Career Officer
# 11 and the leech console?
12-06-2013, 10:34 PM
elaborate on the leech console the valdore is amazing but the Klingon leech console give me more info plz
im sold on the valdore console but what about the klingon leech console how well does it stack up ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
The Valdore console doesnt give power to your shields it heals your shield facings. I do know that the amount of damage you do affects the strength of the heal. I dont know what else affects it but doesnt matter. The heals you get from it are really strong. You could have no points in flow cap and 0 aux power and it doesnt matter. When that valdore console goes off and heals your shields it will still be a really strong shield heal.

While in combat space like in orbit above Qonos or outside ESD do this. Hit U, click on your ship name and click on defense in the middle to expand it. See how it says fore shields, rear, right and left? that's how many hitpoints each shield facing has. My ship only has XII very rare weapons from rep and the exchange and only rare XI weapon consoles.

The heals i get average about 1k, 2.5k sometimes as high as 4k. And the heal is applied to each shield facing. Remember the strength of the heal is dependent on how much damage you are doing when the console randomly procs (activates). And you dont just 1 shield heal for 1k and thats it for a few seconds. Usually you will see a lot...i've seen four 1k heals followed by four 2k heals and a bunch of 500-600 heals all at the same time. The heals are enough to bring a empty shield facing up to full in less then a second. That is of course...if it procs when you need it. If you have the console go out and shoot stuff with it. Hopefully you have scrolling combat text up by default. When you see white text scrolling up from your ship? that is a shield heal. When you see yellow text scrolling up from your ship? that is a hull heal. Red text will of course be damage. Pay attention to the amount, and magnitude of the white text coming up from your ship. You can test it out right now just go get in a fight and hit your shield and hull healing abilities once you've taken some damage. Now pay attention the next time in combat and watch for any shield healing that happens when you havent activated a shield heal of your own and nobody cast a shield heal ability on you.
Commander
# 12
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Plasmonic Leech console

With 6-9 points in flow capacitors you drain 15-16 power from that target as long as you attack it and you add the power to your own. That's an extra 16 power to weapons, 16 power to shields, 16 power to engines and 16 power to aux. That extra power to your weapon subsystems gives you more dps, more power to shields gives you higher shield damage resist and regen, more power to engines gives you more defense, turn rate and speed and more aux power. You can further increase its effectiveness by adding in flow cap consoles, but i dont use flow cap consoles so i couldnt tell you how much each console increases power by.
Commander
# 13
12-06-2013, 10:54 PM
The Valdor consoles gives you a 2.5% chance per attack to heal you for 200% of the damage dealt, the best addition to any Scimitar build in the game.

The leech console provides a multi-sub system power buff drained from your opponent based upon how long you shoot at said opponent and if your speced into power draining skill. As a note it must be energy weapons, not just torps. It takes sometime build up and it doesn't break caps. It is an awesome console and basically every build in existence in game will benefit from it.
Captain
# 14
12-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
The Valdor consoles gives you a 2.5% chance per attack to heal you for 200% of the damage dealt, the best addition to any Scimitar build in the game.

The leech console provides a multi-sub system power buff drained from your opponent based upon how long you shoot at said opponent and if your speced into power draining skill. As a note it must be energy weapons, not just torps. It takes sometime build up and it doesn't break caps. It is an awesome console and basically every build in existence in game will benefit from it.
If you like Leech, thank the KDF players for playtesting it for you over the course of three years to get the bugs and OP ironed out of it so that by the time your fed got it, it worked like it was supposed to.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 15 another question
12-07-2013, 06:50 AM
what if i don't have any points into flow capacitors would the power i get back be worth it?
Captain
# 16
12-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
If you like Leech, thank the KDF players for playtesting it for you over the course of three years to get the bugs and OP ironed out of it so that by the time your fed got it, it worked like it was supposed to.
"Got the OP" out of it? Are you serious? The thing gives you 60 subsystem power on a BAD day. That changes the entire dynamics of the game. Romulans had their superior traits, their powerful singularity power and their powerful battle cloak balanced against having 40 less power than the Feds! Equipping the leech on my scimitar more than makes up the difference and coupled with the valdore console makes her far and away superior to anything a Fed or Klink could possibly achieve. But that is a argument for another day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebabey82 View Post
what if i don't have any points into flow capacitors would the power i get back be worth it?
Nope. You can get some flow capacitor skill off a deflector or science console, but not nearly enough to make the leech worth it. If you can't respec into maxing out flow capacitors and don't have the money to get a respec token, you might be better off just running the resilient maco shield for the poor mans power effect and spare yourself some money and a console slot.

Last edited by sonnikku; 12-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Lieutenant
# 17
12-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Get and respec into flow capacitors. It is that good. Power is POWER in this game. You are taking 60-90 points of power from your target and using it against him. If it only did one or the other at half of those numbers it would still be a must have.
Captain
# 18
12-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
"Got the OP" out of it? Are you serious? The thing gives you 60 subsystem power on a BAD day. That changes the entire dynamics of the game. Romulans had their superior traits, their powerful singularity power and their powerful battle cloak balanced against having 40 less power than the Feds! Equipping the leech on my scimitar more than makes up the difference and coupled with the valdore console makes her far and away superior to anything a Fed or Klink could possibly achieve. But that is a argument for another day...

Nope. You can get some flow capacitor skill off a deflector or science console, but not nearly enough to make the leech worth it. If you can't respec into maxing out flow capacitors and don't have the money to get a respec token, you might be better off just running the resilient maco shield for the poor mans power effect and spare yourself some money and a console slot.
You're welcome-when it was first introduced, there wasn't a defense against the power drain-so not only were you scavenging power, but the other guy was LOSING power. They fixed that-now you can protect yourself by speccing into insulators.

The timing of the Leech going into the lockbox was pretty obviously to remedy that -40 power, in order to make sure Romulan was the choice if you wanted to compete, so, again, You're welcome.

As to the second question:

Why weren't you specced in flow caps to begin with? It's kind of like asking why you didn't spec into Sensors, or insulators, or..y'know, Warp Core Efficiency?

(or for those of us with cloaks, "Why didn't you spec into Stealth instead of Threat Control??")

some of the decisions people make as they level their characters are too funny.
Career Officer
# 19 more info plz
12-07-2013, 03:38 PM
everyone has an opinion and im use to being judged i did what makes sense to me and my builds are working for me i did what makes sense so would it be pointless to get this leech console? and laugh all u want but i do fine in stf and thas what i enjoy doing so would it be pointless to get the console?
Captain
# 20
12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
everyone has an opinion and im use to being judged i did what makes sense to me and my builds are working for me i did what makes sense so would it be pointless to get this leech console? and laugh all u want but i do fine in stf and thas what i enjoy doing so would it be pointless to get the console?
It's not pointless to get a Leech console-but you may not get the same amount of benefit from it that other players who did spec into flow caps will get, and if you're not specced into insulators (or carrying insulator consoles) you may find that other players who did spec into flow caps find your build quite tasty and easy to bring down.

it's all a trade-off in this game, if your build is working for you, then it's working for you, but there are things out there that might be of use TO you to know or do on your next Alt or might be worth a respec if you want to get best use from them.